TPMS Receiver Module Location? Ford Edge 2008

Daosdao

12 hours ago, Daosdao said:

Where TPMS antenna located ?

You'll get a more accurate answer if you include the year of your Edge in a message.  So you don't have to remember it each time, go to your profile page and fill out the Sig area to include year/model etc.

I can't help with the antenna location but this 'might' help with programming if you have a Gen2 Edge.
1. Press the Start button (don't start the engine)
2. Press the hazard warning button six times on/off/on/off/on/off  Your horn will sound.
3. Work your way clockwise around the car starting with the left front, slowly letting air out of each tire until the horn sounds.  A single beep means that corner is programmed.  A double beep means there's a problem, try it again.  If there's another fail there's likely an issue with the wheel sensor.
4. After you've done the last (left rear) corner check your display.  It should say something like TPMS programming complete.
5. Hit the Start button again to turn everything off.  Air your tires back up to the spec posted on the driver's door sill.
6. Go for a short drive with the tire display showing on the dash.  You should now have pressures displayed and (bonus) they'll be at the correct corner of the car. 

Tuck this away for the next time you rotate tires to keep the display accurate (so front pressures don't show on the rear etc).

Edited by Gadgetjq

Thanks for replying.

2008 Ford Edge AWD SEL

I had the issue with TPMS with error message. I replaced sensors 3 times. BTW I see the issue is not in sensors.

I use forscan app +OBD reader to read all PIDs for tire pressure sensors. All sensors values (LR, LF, RF) updated, but RR sensor value (located most distance from receiver) updated very seldom. If RR doesn't pull values in 20 mins SJB considers it as fault.

I suspected TPMS receiver. I know it is located in Smart Junction Box. I guess the TPMS antenna for this model is inside  SJB. Is it correct ?

Now I have another issue:  Poor Key Fob Range. Before I could lock/unlock in distance ~20 meters. Now I can do it only in 1-2 meter. I replaced a battery in key, but the same result.

Are there some workarounds to fix it ?

Should I replace SJB in this case ? According wire diagram TPMS and RKE use the same antenna (315 MHZ) 

Check wires, connections, fuses ?

Solved.

The culprit was DC-DC for dashcam.

image.png.92b785434f4580b13e42f42fbf52046e.png

Ford Edge 1 generation has common 315 MHz antenna for TPMS and Key Fob and very sensitive to Electro-Magnetic Interference

Now  Key Fob distance is 20 meters and TPMS reads all tire sensors without issues.

• 1 year later...

I’m having the exact same problems as Daosdao with the TPMS sensors and my key fob. My husband and I are wondering if it could be my using the Sync bluetooth feature for hands free talking on my cell phone? That’s really the only thing extra being used in my car. Also, could someone please tell me where the TPMS Key Fob module is located on my ‘08 Edge? Thanks!