Custom Tunes !! Bangs and pops.

Hello , i was wondering if anybody has done some custom tuning ? I was told the 3.7 in the edge sport has the same twin-independent variable cam timing as the 3.7 in the mustang. This would allow it to be able to run a “ghost cam” also was wondering if anybody has experience was pops and bangs on their tune also know as a popcorn tune or tommy gun tune. This is where the tuner retards ignition and stops the ECU from cutting fuel after decel. This is all assuming you don’t have cats. As they could mess them up if you have them and run this

Supersixmotorsports.com has cams for the 3.7 at $1400.  I wanted to see how it would sound before dropping that kind of cash on the edge. My exhaust consist of gutted cats, still have the mid muffler/resonator, and pipe to replace the muffler in the back. Running the ghost cam would simulate what a 3.7 with cams would sound like. As for the popcorn tune,  i don’t get the pops and crackles i would like so i wanted to get a tune for it. I’ve heard retarding ignition and stopping the ECU from cutting fuel right after decel would help with that.