Pricing question

tolsoks

I am in the process of purchasing the following and would appreciate your thoughts on the price I have been given which is $31,800 OTD. Thank you in advance...

Price Information MSRP

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $31,075

Optional Equipment

2008 MODEL YEAR

REDFIRE CLEARCOAT METALLIC

CAMEL LEATHER

.18" WHEELS W/CHRM APPEARANCE

.3.5L V6 ENGINE

.AUTOMATIC OVERDRIVE TRANS

.P245/60R18 BSW TIRES

PANORAMIC VISTA ROOF $1,595

POWER LIFTGATE $490

REAR CARGO MANAGEMENT SYSTEM $65

AUTODIM RRVW MIRR W/MICROPHONE

FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $33,225

DESTINATION & DELIVERY $755

TOTAL MSRP $33,980

I am in the process of purchasing the following and would appreciate your thoughts on the price I have been given which is $31,800 OTD. Thank you in advance...

Price Information MSRP

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $31,075

Optional Equipment

2008 MODEL YEAR

REDFIRE CLEARCOAT METALLIC

CAMEL LEATHER

.18" WHEELS W/CHRM APPEARANCE

.3.5L V6 ENGINE

.AUTOMATIC OVERDRIVE TRANS

.P245/60R18 BSW TIRES

PANORAMIC VISTA ROOF $1,595

POWER LIFTGATE $490

REAR CARGO MANAGEMENT SYSTEM $65

AUTODIM RRVW MIRR W/MICROPHONE

FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $33,225

DESTINATION & DELIVERY $755

TOTAL MSRP $33,980

Hi tolsoks. :D If you want a quick, inaccurate answer using minimal information, I would say that given the state of the economy, poor car sales, current Incentive and Rebate offers, Dealers wiling to negotiate to get hard to come by sales, etc etc, you "should" be able to do better. But without more information, it is hard to say for sure.

Having said that, if you would like a more accurate answer to your question, this is some of the additional information we would need:

1 - Does that "OTD" (Out the Door) price include any Incentive or Rebate Cash? If yes, how much?

2 - Unfortunately, not everyone's idea of "Out the Door" is the same. Does that OTD price include all Sales Taxes, Title and Registration, Dealer added Fees and Charges, etc. etc.? In other words, every last penny you will need to pay to drive that car "out the door".

3 - What is the APR Rate and duration of your loan (if you have one)?

Is this vehicle currently In-Stock at a Dealership? If it is, we can better assist you if you post the name and ZIP Code of the Dealership, along with the VIN. Then we can look up the actual Factory Invoice price and be sure all figures are correct.

Post back with the answers and information requested and we can give you accurate answers.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks for your quick reply:

1) There is $1,800 in incentive

2) Yes this is the last penny to drive out the door

3) Rate is 0% for 60 mo

The car is on the lot. The zip is 61550 and the VIN# is 2FMDK39C08BB41523.

Thanks again!!

Not sure why you didn't get more discount . Most of Ohio is giving about $3500 to $4000 discount total on 2008 models for starting to clearance them. I think $2750 in rebates were available from Ford alone. I'd price shop another dealer , look in you local paper and see who is the heaviest discounter.

Thanks for your quick reply:

1) There is $1,800 in incentive

2) Yes this is the last penny to drive out the door

3) Rate is 0% for 60 mo

The car is on the lot. The zip is 61550 and the VIN# is 2FMDK39C08BB41523.

Thanks again!!

Hi tolsoks. :D Let's start of by letting you know that the "Factory Invoice Price" of that Edge is $32,141. Next, the 0%/60 month APR Incentive is a local Incentive and can be combined with an available $2,000 Retail Customer Cash incentive. Not sure why the Dealer told you that there is only $1,800 of Incentive money.

Not knowing your Sales Tax rate in Illinois, or exactly how much in extra Dealer added Fees and Charges are tacked on, I would take an educated guess and say that you should be able to get the price down at least $500 from that $31,800 figure..

$200 of that should come immediately from the discrepancy between the $1,800 Incentive total you were "told" by the Dealer is available, and the actual amount of $2,000 Retail Customer Cash.

And as far as what Black Ice stated about Incentive amounts: Incentives and Rebates vary (sometimes by quite a bit) between different regions. Due to the great variations in Incentive offers, the price which one individual receives in a particular region can not be compared to the price in another region. For example, Black Ice states that the Incentives in his area are $3,500 to $4,500 (do not know where he is, so I can not verify that), and he thinks that "$2750 in rebates were available from Ford alone". Well, in reality most Incentives are programs created by Ford, not the Dealer themselves. There are rare exceptions, like "Customer Appreciation Incentives", etc, but even most of those Incentive Programs are actually backed by Ford, not the Dealer. I do not mean any disrespect in singling Black Ice's statements out, I only use them to show that Incentives are highly region dependent, and comparing different regions will only confuse people.

Incentives in my area are currently $3,000 Cash and the 0%/60 month APR Rate. But, this is no help to you. Your area only has $2,000 Retail Customer Cash.

Talk to your Dealer, find out why you are only getting $1,800 Incentive Cash, and do some more negotiating.

Let us know how you make out, and good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi tolsoks. :D Let's start of by letting you know that the "Factory Invoice Price" of that Edge is $32,141. Next, the 0%/60 month APR Incentive is a local Incentive and can be combined with an available $2,000 Retail Customer Cash incentive. Not sure why the Dealer told you that there is only $1,800 of Incentive money.

Not knowing your Sales Tax rate in Illinois, or exactly how much in extra Dealer added Fees and Charges are tacked on, I would take an educated guess and say that you should be able to get the price down at least $500 from that $31,800 figure..

$200 of that should come immediately from the discrepancy between the $1,800 Incentive total you were "told" by the Dealer is available, and the actual amount of $2,000 Retail Customer Cash.

And as far as what Black Ice stated about Incentive amounts: Incentives and Rebates vary (sometimes by quite a bit) between different regions. Due to the great variations in Incentive offers, the price which one individual receives in a particular region can not be compared to the price in another region. For example, Black Ice states that the Incentives in his area are $3,500 to $4,500 (do not know where he is, so I can not verify that), and he thinks that "$2750 in rebates were available from Ford alone". Well, in reality most Incentives are programs created by Ford, not the Dealer themselves. There are rare exceptions, like "Customer Appreciation Incentives", etc, but even most of those Incentive Programs are actually backed by Ford, not the Dealer. I do not mean any disrespect in singling Black Ice's statements out, I only use them to show that Incentives are highly region dependent, and comparing different regions will only confuse people.

Incentives in my area are currently $3,000 Cash and the 0%/60 month APR Rate. But, this is no help to you. Your area only has $2,000 Retail Customer Cash.

Talk to your Dealer, find out why you are only getting $1,800 Incentive Cash, and do some more negotiating.

Let us know how you make out, and good luck. :beerchug:

I'm in NE Ohio ,the Akron /Cleveland area . In the local paper I can see three area dealers giving discounts like I stated above.

Yes ,discounts can vary by region so that should be taken into consideration. I did state in my comment from the start that I didn't know why you didn't get more discounts ,but in my area of OH that this is what I've been seeing . Thats why I didn't buy a Chevy from my own dealership (place of employment) but instead took delivery tonight from one of the Ford franchises our dealed group owns.

Edited by BLACK ICE