Anyone have problems with the seat length being too short?

I am about 6'2" and have been looking for SUVs for about two months. The vast majority of vehicles I tested had bottom seat cushions that were considerably shorter than my Ford Explorer. After test driving them I could tell I wouldn't be comfortable in them.

I was confident that since my Explorer seats fit me well that the Edge seats certainly would. I was very disappointed to find the bottom seat cushion in the Edge was just as short as the other foreign SUVs I drove.

Are there any other long legged Edge drivers out there that have experienced the same problem and if so did you adapt? Hate to spend the money for something I might not get used to....

Thanks in advance for your input

I am about 6'2" and have been looking for SUVs for about two months. The vast majority of vehicles I tested had bottom seat cushions that were considerably shorter than my Ford Explorer. After test driving them I could tell I wouldn't be comfortable in them.

I was confident that since my Explorer seats fit me well that the Edge seats certainly would. I was very disappointed to find the bottom seat cushion in the Edge was just as short as the other foreign SUVs I drove.

Are there any other long legged Edge drivers out there that have experienced the same problem and if so did you adapt? Hate to spend the money for something I might not get used to....

Thanks in advance for your input

Hi tolsoks. :D 6"1" here and no problems. While I know people are built differently, some having longer legs, some having longer torsos, I can truly say that this is the first time I can recall hearing that complaint.

A possible solution: The power seat bottom tilts fore and aft. You need to tilt the forward edge of the seat up higher to give your thighs more support. Maybe even also raise the seat up off the floor a tad.

If you have the seat all the way down, and the seat bottom tilted forward, your thighs will have no support. So try raising the seat a bit, and tilting the bottom cushion back a bit. Give it a shot.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

I agree. If the seat bottom were perhaps another 2 inches longer I would have 100% satisfaction with my Edge. To sit better in the seat I do have to tilt the back farther than I would like. At one point I was considering getting rid of my Edge, but I can`t; I just love it too much.

Edited by vino125