2010 Ford Edge Dual climate control issue unrelated to blender door

Good evening,

I have a 2010 Ford Edge SEL with duel climate control. The drivers side vents only blows cold air when the heat is on regardless of the setting. I've tried the reset to no avail. Likewise, I can see the blend door is functioning correctly and to full open/closure, however, just to rule out everything, I removed the actuator to see if I could adjust the door more manually. Nope, it still blows cold air. I'm looking for a solution that won't cost me a fortune with a trip the dealer. Is there a third temperature actuator somewhere behind the dashboard that adjusts temperature that I can't find?

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 3:01 PM, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Assuming  coolant is fresh, there are no air pockets, etc., how are the heater core inlet/outlet performing?  Are they both hot?

You may need to try a replacement HVAC module, found cheaply on eBay.

I checked fuses, i did have issue with coolant having brownish gray thick goo like in it. I tried flushing but it still had some. So the heater core may be plugged but it blows hot on passenger side, just driver side acts like the ac is blowing ice cold even on hot days with heater on.

that is what happens when the coolant level is low OR the core is plugged.  You will need to keep flushing the coolant till it runs clean/clear.  IDK if a flush chemical like Motorcraft or Prestone sell will be helpful for the engine or not.  You can try flushing just the heater core either with hot water or with some KLR (based on one owner's recounting of success with it).