muffled low speed tapping sound - intermittent

kgr

2014 AWD SEL 100K km's

muffled rotational intermittent tapping sound at low speed (5 mph to 10 mph) 

This started at about 100K km's and now at 125K km's it's becoming more noticeable at a little higher speeds.  

The - tap -tap -tap sound is definitely rotational and speeds up as speed picks up. It is inconsistent and intermittent. Often starts after a short distance of driving after a stop and go. Then the tap - tap - tap .... for a few seconds, or short distance, and the tapping will stop.... I may not hear the tapping for a while and then, maybe after a slow turn, the tapping will return for a bit and then stop. It is not audible at higher speed and road noise. That is how it began at about 100K km's. I've had the Ford dealer, shop supervisor, take a drive with me so I could try and create the tapping sound. He did hear the sound but after taking it in the shop and checking everything they were not able to identify anything that created the sound. Apparently everything is tight,  etc, etc. 

The last couple of weeks it's become more noticeable and is more frequent at slow speeds and now higher speeds. The tapping now appears to happen after breaking, ie: stop and start and the tapping starts. If a touch the brake, with my left foot, when the tapping occurs the tapping stops (at slow speed) ... take my foot off the brake and the tapping starts??? I will be taking it back to the dealer but I am hoping someone may have had a similar issue and help identify what is causing this tapping sound.