Gap between hood and lights 2020

Kcroyal81

Hello all, I am a brand new owner, only a couple of days. I really like my Edge overall. Yesterday on a windy day on the highway I noticed some drivers side hood flutter. I opened it up and adjusted the stop, which made it better but didn’t eliminate it. As I was adjusting, I noticed a significant gap between the headlamp and the hood on the driver side. Its going to drive me nuts, but until I can get it into the dealer, will this present water issues in the rain?  Thanks for any thoughts.

D0CF2EA5-EDDD-4FF7-9153-650A1238B68B.jpeg

698AFF2C-FF8B-48D0-BCD6-8C2302190928.jpeg

40CE1700-371D-42A4-A860-617C9A6BB3F9.jpeg

7475F269-B419-48F8-BD74-8D7152BA9870.jpeg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I did, but it took a while. Since it was new, took it to the local dealer. They started a warranty claim which allow the body shop to mess with it. They tried adjusting the hinges, new hinges, etc. It never fit right and still bounced. They knew this and told me they needed to have a Ford engineer look at it. They had it about a week, tried a few things per the engineer, and still bounce and bad fit. Finally got approval from the engineer and Ford to replace it.

Interestingly, the guy at the body shop told me when they ordered the new hood, it had a different part # than what was on the car. The car had been manufactured in August 2020, so between now and then Ford has changed the hood. New one fits perfectly and is rock solid.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same exact issue on the driver side with my 2015 SEL.   I didn't notice it right away until someone else pointed it out to me.  Looked like a bad stamping.  Took it back to the dealer and they said they were trying to adjust the headlamp assembly to fill the gap.  A headlamp assembly that clicks in only one way.  I was not a happy camper.  They did get approval from Ford to replace the hood.   The entire episode did not leave a good taste in my mouth. 

81A03F6F-6FF1-4F3C-BE91-D71B0D5169CD.jpeg

Edited by JoeVic

1 hour ago, JoeVic said:

I had the same exact issue on the driver side with my 2015 SEL.   I didn't notice it right away until someone else pointed it out to me.  Looked like a bad stamping.  Took it back to the dealer and they said they were trying to adjust the headlamp assembly to fill the gap.  A headlamp assembly that clicks in only one way.  I was not a happy camper.  They did get approval from Ford to replace the hood.   The entire episode did not leave a good taste in my mouth. 

81A03F6F-6FF1-4F3C-BE91-D71B0D5169CD.jpeg

Yeah, this is my first Ford after many Hondas and I’m not feeling real easy  about my purchase. Hopefully this is it, but it’s given me pause on ordering an F150 Lightning. Bad gap/panel fit were for Tesla I thought.