Anyone else hear wind noise from passenger side Edge?

ActionBastard

Hi, Just picked up a 2008 Edge.

All's well except at arouns 50 MPH, the passenger side is getting quite a bit of wind noise.

I can't actually feel it, but it's there. Driver's side is fine. I can actually hear it all the way from the driver's side.

Dealer saide it's a Ford design problem and its just the way the car is made after we did test drives. They say Ford is aware of it and that it's jsut the way it is.

I'm kinda not buying that as all the other doors are fine.

Plan on taking another one out for a test drive to see.

Anyone else hav ethis problem?

Thanks

Hi, Just picked up a 2008 Edge.

All's well except at arouns 50 MPH, the passenger side is getting quite a bit of wind noise.

I can't actually feel it, but it's there. Driver's side is fine. I can actually hear it all the way from the driver's side.

Dealer saide it's a Ford design problem and its just the way the car is made after we did test drives. They say Ford is aware of it and that it's jsut the way it is.

I'm kinda not buying that as all the other doors are fine.

Plan on taking another one out for a test drive to see.

Anyone else hav ethis problem?

Thanks

My Edge exhibits no wind noise at all. Must be a problem door edge seal.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My wife's 08 Edge has had windnoise issues from the drivers side at highway speed since we got it last year. The dealer also told us it was a common issue that all had.

My Edge suffers from the same problem. In my case it's a matter of poorly fitting front doors. In fact, while sitting in the driver's seat I can look into the mirrors on the doors and see that the black trim 'strip' at the bottom of the windows don't line up: they rear portion of both front doors protrude slightly. Normally the striker plate can be adjusted in order to 'pull' the doors back into alignment. I've tried it myself as has Ford with no luck. At this point I just live with it.

As a side note: my wife has a Mazda CX-7. The build quality of the Mazda is much better than that of the Edge. For example, the doors on Mazda actually 'fit' the car. Additionally, the Mazda was fully coated with paint whereas the Edge has a couple of spots on the door jambs where there is a total absence of finish coat and the primer is very evident.

I like the Edge but fit and finish is a problem.

• 1 month later...
My Edge suffers from the same problem. In my case it's a matter of poorly fitting front doors. In fact, while sitting in the driver's seat I can look into the mirrors on the doors and see that the black trim 'strip' at the bottom of the windows don't line up: they rear portion of both front doors protrude slightly. Normally the striker plate can be adjusted in order to 'pull' the doors back into alignment. I've tried it myself as has Ford with no luck. At this point I just live with it.

As a side note: my wife has a Mazda CX-7. The build quality of the Mazda is much better than that of the Edge. For example, the doors on Mazda actually 'fit' the car. Additionally, the Mazda was fully coated with paint whereas the Edge has a couple of spots on the door jambs where there is a total absence of finish coat and the primer is very evident.

Simply buy a Mazda, and you will be happy and help your country decline.

Well - My wife HAD a Mazda CX-7 which Mazda bought back from us(with attorney influence), because it was a certified POS. Anything and everything that could go wrong in that car did. Just pointing out that every manufacturer can have it's problems. Her Edge fit and finish is fine.