Another Topic Starter-Glare?

npggirl

Wow edgy!!! Thank you for posting the pictures! I realllllly will be going with the darker color interior. That is a terrible reflection. I think the camel is just gorgeous, but it is sunny here most of the time.

Someone here at where I work purchaced an Edge (I work at a hospital so there are LOTS of employees here) and they have camel interior. Every day I walk by it I look in to see if there is a reflection (if they saw me they would probably think I was trying to break in.....lol...little do they know I just want to see the dash!)

Anyway....there is always a reflection from what I can tell...looks just like your piccie!

I will have to go with the darker interior...

Thanks lots to everyone who have helped with answers!

Wow edgy!!! Thank you for posting the pictures! I realllllly will be going with the darker color interior. That is a terrible reflection. I think the camel is just gorgeous, but it is sunny here most of the time.

Someone here at where I work purchaced an Edge (I work at a hospital so there are LOTS of employees here) and they have camel interior. Every day I walk by it I look in to see if there is a reflection (if they saw me they would probably think I was trying to break in.....lol...little do they know I just want to see the dash!)

Anyway....there is always a reflection from what I can tell...looks just like your piccie!

I will have to go with the darker interior...

Thanks lots to everyone who have helped with answers!

If you like the camel interior, just get polorized glasses, :shades: and like magic the reflection is gone. It's what I have to do to make it right.

Maybe when the 2008 Edge's come out in September they will have fixed this problem.

My friend has the black interior and is already feeling the heat when he gets in. :banghead: He says he wishes he had the Camel....LOL

Good luck...

If you like the camel interior, just get polorized glasses, :shades: and like magic the reflection is gone. It's what I have to do to make it right.

Maybe when the 2008 Edge's come out in September they will have fixed this problem.

My friend has the black interior and is already feeling the heat when he gets in. :banghead: He says he wishes he had the Camel....LOL

Good luck...

Having just been prescribed glasses again i got some polarized clip-on sunglasses to go with them. There was the most minute reflection before off the chrome/silver/alu trimming that i could just about see under and next to my rear view mirror - no that has gone with these new sunglasses.

As for fixing it, aside from taking out the little chrome/silver/alu trim around the little hole in the center of the dash and covering the dash itself in a little less reflective paint/pattern - there is nothing that could be done about the angle of the window, which is the main reason why when it reflects off the camel interior that the reflection is so bad - it shines right in your eyes due to the angle. They would have to change the angle or put some kind of anti-reflective coating on the glass. Who knows, i am sure Ford knows about it.

As for the charcoal interior, its not got above mid-80's here yet and still sunny everyday. Its not hot so far compared to my old gray cloth interior or my wife's gray cloth. I dont know what will happen when the summer comes and it reaches the mid-90's, but i use a windshield cover as well in all my cars to prevent the heat building up too much.

I had test driven one with the tan (camel) interior and the glare was bad enough that I was going to cross it off our list for consideration. Then I checked one out with the dark (charcol) interior and the glare was not an issue.

My wife, who always liked tan/light colored interiors, did like the Edge enough to keep it on our list even if it meant having a dark interior.