Another Topic Starter-Glare?

npggirl

Okay, to all of you that own the Edge with the camel interior...

What is the verdict thus far?

I am hearing some people say that the glare is so terrible they want to sell their edge. (no kidding, on another forum place)

Then I hear some that say they have not had a problem with the glare...

This is ONLY with the camel interior color from what I am seeing, and I would love to hear what the owners have to say about a sunny day with camel interior...

Lets hear your thoughts...

:wacko:

I am hearing some people say that the glare is so terrible they want to sell their edge. (no kidding, on another forum place)

This is ONLY with the camel interior color from what I am seeing, and I would love to hear what the owners have to say about a sunny day with camel interior...

Can you give a little more detail on the glare and where it's comming from, night or day sun inst. lights.

I have camel interior. Glare is a not an issue for me. The preproduction edges reviewed by the auto press had a center console with much more polished aluminum trim facing the window. You can see this if you look at photos from a prereview in late 2006 vs. look at the interior shots on Ford's web site to compare how the trim is a production car. The production cars replaced some of this with more of a dull gray trim that doesn't reflect the light. You still get more shiny trim facing the passenger cabin, but not the window.

I have camel interior. Glare is a not an issue for me. The preproduction edges reviewed by the auto press had a center console with much more polished aluminum trim facing the window. You can see this if you look at photos from a prereview in late 2006 vs. look at the interior shots on Ford's web site to compare how the trim is a production car. The production cars replaced some of this with more of a dull gray trim that doesn't reflect the light. You still get more shiny trim facing the passenger cabin, but not the window.

Hi there...

So, would the preproduction edges be the ones that went out to some of the buyers as well? Because this is coming from people that have actually bought the edge, they are posting it on other sites. (see www.fordedge.org)

Can you give a little more detail on the glare and where it's comming from, night or day sun inst. lights.

Sorry about that! They are saying the glare is on the windshield. It is so bad they cannot see to drive at times when it is really sunny.

And this is coming from people with camel interior...

:yup:

Sorry about that! They are saying the glare is on the windshield. It is so bad they cannot see to drive at times when it is really sunny.

And this is coming from people with camel interior...

:yup:

Here is a link to the other site that I check up on. If you will see bean's answer, that is what I am talking about...

I have read several others say the same...

:)

Thanks

http://www.fordedge.org/forum/ford-edge-ta...s-confused.html

Hi,

I have a red Edge with camel leather inside, and the glare is not a problem at all. I read about that problem before mine was delivered, and I thought the worst.

I wear glasses and am really sensitive to bright sunlight. It is just not an issue for me. I just spent two days driving in sunshine, and I was fine. I think there are some folks with legitimate problems on these sites, but there are also others here who just show up for the bash-fest. I don't get it.

I am hyper-critical when a vehicle is not turned out in perfect shape, but the Edge is doing everything I ask of it and more.

Just my thoughts.

Dan

Hi,

I have a red Edge with camel leather inside, and the glare is not a problem at all. I read about that problem before mine was delivered, and I thought the worst.

I wear glasses and am really sensitive to bright sunlight. It is just not an issue for me. I just spent two days driving in sunshine, and I was fine. I think there are some folks with legitimate problems on these sites, but there are also others here who just show up for the bash-fest. I don't get it.

I am hyper-critical when a vehicle is not turned out in perfect shape, but the Edge is doing everything I ask of it and more.

Just my thoughts.

Dan

Thanks Dan. That makes me feel a lot better!!!

I wear regular glasses and am prepared to purchase prescription sunglasses for my edge purchase...lol

Actually, I want prescription sunglasses anyway...

BUT, you have made me feel a lot better...

Thanks!

Thanks Dan. That makes me feel a lot better!!!

I wear regular glasses and am prepared to purchase prescription sunglasses for my edge purchase...lol

Actually, I want prescription sunglasses anyway...

BUT, you have made me feel a lot better...

Thanks!

I have a Red Edge w/ the camel interior and I have no issues regarding glare.

I have a Red Edge w/ the camel interior and I have no issues regarding glare.

I have a black edge (my daughter named it Felix the Cat) with the camel interior. I drove about 2 hrs. today and had no glare problems, even though it was the 1st sunny day in ages in Chicago.

I love the car, by the way. It is simply 1st rate in every respect...gas mileage around 25 on highway

Dare I say Ford may not have simply produced a great CUV, but may have turned out a best in class icon?

I have a black edge (my daughter named it Felix the Cat) with the camel interior. I drove about 2 hrs. today and had no glare problems, even though it was the 1st sunny day in ages in Chicago.

I love the car, by the way. It is simply 1st rate in every respect...gas mileage around 25 on highway

Dare I say Ford may not have simply produced a great CUV, but may have turned out a best in class icon?

Hi there and thank you for the input...

Question...I have another topic on here about several people complaining about gas mileage...

Since you are getting such good results on the highway, how are you getting in the city out of curiosity?

:)

Although I don't have the Edge, I have an aftermarket Camel Dash-Mat in my Continental. Big mistake. I do get glare on the windshield compared to the dark brown dash in the car. I tend to roll up the dash-mat when driving and only put it in place when parking in the sun to save the dash from baking.

Like I said, don't know how the Camel Dash works out on the Edge, but the darker the dash, the better.

• 2 weeks later...
post-264-1173831399_thumb.jpgI have the camel interior and have a problem with the dash reflection in the windshield in the afternoon. I see the entire dash reflected in the windshield all the time. It is unbearable around 2 or 3 in the afternoon. The sun must be at the wrong angle. I would have puchased the black interior had I known it was so bad. I haven't gotten the polarized glasses yet. I am hoping that helps. I can't imagine driving on a long trip looking through the dash the entire time. I will try to get a picture of the glare and post.

My interior is charcoal (black) and I have no sun glare from the dash.

I do however at times get a reflection from the silver trip that goes around the rubber tray area on top of the dash.

I might just take it out one day and paint it black to blend in better.

I too have the camel interior and can't really say I have noticed a glare. However, I do wear high quality polarized sunglasses ALL the time...they are pretty much glued to my face. When hubby drove it he said he saw some glare but it wasn't to terrible. :shades:

Edited a few days later......

OK, I pried my polarized shades off my face today and did indeed notice a glare/reflection with my camel interior. Not sure if it would be enough to really bother me but I was shocked at how the polarized sunglasses helped cut down on the glare/reflection. Nutshell...yes there is a glare/reflection but I still love the color.

• 2 weeks later...

While still next to no glare i have observed some pics used by the rags to show the glare. I get a little reflection of the chrome on the dish in the center of the dash - its mostly hidden behind the rear view mirror though, not a place i am generally looking out of when i am driving - only in the mirror or out the windshield in front of me. The photos i saw were taken from the passenger side, where the reflection is not hidden by the rear view mirror - so it looks worse given that angle. Of course the lighter shades of the dash were a little glared on the window - again why i chose the black. Anyway i thought that angle wasnt flattering and really wouldnt trouble the drive - who drives in the passenger seat???

If you will look at my picture I posted, it is from the driver's seat. The dash reflection is in my direct line of vision. You have to be logged on to look at the picture. I am doing something wrong but don't know what. Hope everyone can open the picture. Click on the picture to bring it to full size.

post-264-1174598689_thumb.jpg

Indeed that glare is bad, however i think you sit pretty low in the seat - at least looking at where the wheel is in the picture. I assume you are short and just seeing over the wheel, maybe if you try sitting up higher the glare wont be as bad due to the angle your line of sight is in in relation to the reflection off the dash. My head is pretty close to the roof when the seat is put to the floor - however i am 6'3" and the glare even off the chrome bits is contained high up in the windshield.

I'm not short. I am 5'8". The dash reflection takes up almost the entire windshield from top to bottom. I have tried sitting up higher, lower etc. My concern is that this is a safety issue. I have a picture showing my Dad standing in front of my Edge. You can't seen him from the chest down due to the reflection. If a small child was in front of the Edge when the picture was taken, you wouldn't be able to see them. Ford's line is that the Edge is all within specs.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not short. I am 5'8". The dash reflection takes up almost the entire windshield from top to bottom. I have tried sitting up higher, lower etc. My concern is that this is a safety issue. I have a picture showing my Dad standing in front of my Edge. You can't seen him from the chest down due to the reflection. If a small child was in front of the Edge when the picture was taken, you wouldn't be able to see them. Ford's line is that the Edge is all within specs.

Just for the record everyone...This is a reflection of the dash cap issue not a glare issue.

Polarized glasses are a must with Camel dash reflection.

I think Ford should pay for them....I'm 6' 2" and the reflection of the dash was killing me. I got the glasses and everything is good now.

I think your right. This is a huge safety issue. I looked into covering the dash, however the passenger airbag comes out from the top of the dash, so you can't cover that.

The glasses work great and should come with every Edge with Camel when you pick it up from the dealer.

Good Luck..... :shift: