Liftgate Strut Won't Close

The powered strut for the liftgate on my 2017 Edge won't retract- I can hear a clicking when pressing the button on the vehicle and on the key. I've tried pulling the liftgate fuse and disconnecting the battery and doing a relearn, but no luck. Has anybody had this issue?

6 hours ago, bscott94 said:

Mine is doing the same thing. We just bought it from CarMax so it's going back to them today to check out. I thought I read something on here about a sensor being bad or aimed wrong and preventing the power close. 

Just got back from CarMax, hatch not closing was due to a sensor being unplugged? Weird, but it seems fixed now.

Hm, strange. So yours was working and then stopped? We bought ours from Carvana and about 10 days in, this happened. We contacted them, they told us to take it to a specific shop to have it looked at, and that shop won't look at it because they don't do that kind of work. So here we are..I guess I'll see if I can find that sensor connector. Doesn't seem like something that  would just become unplugged out of the blue though.

14 hours ago, mjenne6 said:

Hm, strange. So yours was working and then stopped? We bought ours from Carvana and about 10 days in, this happened. We contacted them, they told us to take it to a specific shop to have it looked at, and that shop won't look at it because they don't do that kind of work. So here we are..I guess I'll see if I can find that sensor connector. Doesn't seem like something that  would just become unplugged out of the blue though.

Ours wasn't working when we picked it up but it was raining and dark so I didn't really look over it much until the weekend. I would suggest stopping by a Ford dealer to see if they have any suggestions. It sounds kind of common so it might be a quick procedure to get it fixed up.