Battery Charger Question

michaelfriesen

Hello all,

With Covid here, my wife and I don't really drive our vehicle much. Along with many others, we're find that after letting our 2008 Ford Edge sit for three or four weeks at a time, the battery gets low. I've taken it out for many highway drives but it's becoming a pain in the butt to do that all the time not to mention the waste of gas.

Do any of you use a compact charger like the Battery Tender Plus which is quite highly rated from what I understand? I thought I read somewhere that you weren't supposed to use these on a 2008 Ford Edge Limited AWD (and not to jumpstart anyone either) but I may be mistaken.

Are the Battery Tenders any good and are they safe to use? I don't want to damage any electronics and I don't  want to have to remove the battery in order to charge it. I'm sure battery chargers have come a long way in the last 30 or 40 years and you don't have to remove your battery anymore when you charge it.

If they're okay to use, how long do you connect one of these for? 24 hours?

As always, any help/guidance/advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.