Cargo Net?

one bummer in this car is that it has no tie down loops. I, several time, considered mounting a few of these - or one like it - in the back so we had loops to tie to, but did not do it (yet)

Have a link for those? It may require reinforcing the trunk floor slightly so it doesn't curl... Or perhaps putting them on the sides and having the net hold the goods against the side... but then I would have to take the panel off and put some reinforcement behind the mount.. some sheet metal should do nicely for that.

Have a link for those? It may require reinforcing the trunk floor slightly so it doesn't curl... Or perhaps putting them on the sides and having the net hold the goods against the side... but then I would have to take the panel off and put some reinforcement behind the mount.. some sheet metal should do nicely for that.

reinforcement would be very easy to do if you felt it needed (depending on load type you plan to 'secure' or just 'hold')... I would likely mount 4 to just the sides (as I have a nice cargo liner on the floor) and low as possible. these flush mount pop up kinds are great as they can be made flush so you can still pull up the floor, and they are out of the way when not in use. I had ones in my VW that folded out of the way when not in use.

These ones I showed are rather costly as they are nicer, but I have seen similar for a lot less, I just showed ones I could Google quick (cargo tie downs) to make the point. click here for the 2 I showed

here is a much cheaper option WITH backing plates: click here

post-2453-1226344810_thumb.jpg

here is a much cheaper option WITH backing plates: click here

Could probably go and get them powder coated aswell so they match up very nicely... Paint would most likely chip. My only real concern would be a "rattle" as I drive due to the "ring" bouncing around. Some Truck bed Coating would also solve both issues i suspect by providing a sound deading layer and color.

Edited by Splitpi

Could probably go and get them powder coated aswell so they match up very nicely... Paint would most likely chip. My only real concern would be a "rattle" as I drive due to the "ring" bouncing around. Some Truck bed Coating would also solve both issues i suspect by providing a sound deading layer and color.

sand, good primer and paint would likely hold. sure powder coat would be better, but way more coin for sure.

IF they rattle, that is an easy fix also. a thin piece if rubber, like from a bike tire, cut & glued to fit into the recess would stop that.

I am sure there are a ton of better options out there, color you want and rattle free, but these were just a few and it gets the idea across.

my VW had some that had a plastic body with a metal ring and they were spring loaded, so no sound.

check this out... lots of choices

Edited by Lex Talionis

sand, good primer and paint would likely hold. sure powder coat would be better, but way more coin for sure.

IF they rattle, that is an easy fix also. a thin piece if rubber, like from a bike tire, cut & glued to fit into the recess would stop that.

Ya... thought about a piece of rubber aswell.

Thanks for the google link!

Here are some that are kind of nice (and cheap) and likely what I would do seeming we do not need 5000lb ratings and 4 bolts.. 4$ per tie down. matching black base to my interior color, plastic body & metal d-ring should be limited to no rattle. with a single hole to mount, only 1 hole to drill and easier backing if you really felt it needed (I do not.. just use a fender washer and nut/bolt combo). not as flush as a "recessed" version, but still pretty low profile. you could even drill 2 into the backs of the rear seats so you could have 6 points (1 on each seat, 2 on each wall) and these should still allow you to lift up the floor cargo access.

post-2453-1226617896_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lex Talionis

I am sure there are a ton of better options out there, color you want and rattle free, but these were just a few and it gets the idea across.

my VW had some that had a plastic body with a metal ring and they were spring loaded, so no sound.

What about high heat paint? I've found it to be pretty chip resistant.

ab