2017 Explorer Rims on 2008 Edge

Edge99

Good Morning Folks,

Just hoping for some advice from more experienced owners than myself.

I am looking for a set of winter tires on rims for my 2008 Ford Edge Limited and found a set from a 2017 Ford Explorer.

does anyone know if they will fit? 

cheers,

The bolt circle of 2015-2018 Explorer wheels (5 x 4.25 inches) does match the bolt circle of 2006-14 Edge wheels (5 x 4.5 inches), however, the center bore of the Explorer is smaller (63.4 mm) than the GEN 1 Edge center bore (70.5 mm),  per Wheel-Size's very nice website.

If you can justify the additional cost, it may be possible to have a machine shop enlarge the Explorer wheels' center bore, if there's enough material to maintain the anti-vibration fit of the bored-out wheel center hole on the Edge's hub.

You do not mention the diameter of the Explorer wheel you're considering, so you can review the wheel offset data on the above website to further evaluate the Explorer wheels' potential fit.

Good luck!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Haz said:

The bolt circle of 2015-2018 Explorer wheels (5 x 4.25 inches) does match the bolt circle of 2006-14 Edge wheels (5 x 4.5 inches), however, the center bore of the Explorer is smaller (63.4 mm) than the GEN 1 Edge center bore (70.5 mm),  per Wheel-Size's very nice website.

If you can justify the additional cost, it may be possible to have a machine shop enlarge the Explorer wheels' center bore, if there's enough material to maintain the anti-vibration fit of the bored-out wheel center hole on the Edge's hub.

You do not mention the diameter of the Explorer wheel you're considering, so you can review the wheel offset data on the above website to further evaluate the Explorer wheels' potential fit.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for this information.

I might just stick with finding similar Edge wheels in that case.

thanks again!