Traded in my 2019 Ford St

falconey

As much as I love the features of this SUV, ultimately I just couldn't fall in love with it due to the transmission. I was hoping a software update would come along and rectify, but it never happened. Going to miss the infotainment on this ford as it was very responsive and easy to use, but I definitely won't miss the ambiguous shifting.

If you are in the Atlanta area I have some leftover items I'm selling.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/pts/d/stone-mountain-ford-edge-items/7350796812.html

The transmission on our 2020 is fine. Now, we don't drive it like we stole it so maybe these problems are more pronounced in spirited driving only? We do have some other issues that may ultimately lead to us dumping this thing tho. Such a good looking and good running vehicle too. Ugh......?

On 7/14/2021 at 8:31 AM, falconey said:

As much as I love the features of this SUV, ultimately I just couldn't fall in love with it due to the transmission. I was hoping a software update would come along and rectify, but it never happened. Going to miss the infotainment on this ford as it was very responsive and easy to use, but I definitely won't miss the ambiguous shifting.

If you are in the Atlanta area I have some leftover items I'm selling.

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/pts/d/stone-mountain-ford-edge-items/7350796812.html

I have the same feeling.  I just picked my car up from the dealership where it had been for 9 days.  No loaner provided. 

It all started several weeks ago when I  contacted the service director to complain about how my transmission malfunctions in the sport mode when attempting to shift through the gears using the paddles.  I requested to meet with the factory field service rep and  do a ride along with either the rep  or the dealerships transmission tech while they showed me how to use the paddle shifters in the Sport Mode.   The service director forwarded my email to the factory rep and then forwarded the factory rep's reply to me.  The factory rep said he had a 2019 Edge ST that he could shift through the gears with the paddles in the sport mode with no problems or anomalies.  My car exhibited a buck when I shifted between 1st and 2nd, indecision and other funkiness when I attempted to shift between 2nd and 3rd and a flare with a  very delayed response to the paddle request when shifting from 3rd to 4th.  I again requested to do a ride along with a factory rep., but it didn't happen.  I was however allowed to do a ride along with the dealership's transmission tech.  During the ride along with the tech my car exhibited the same behavior as I described . When we returned to dealership the tech told the service director that there was a problem.  The service director said that he would have the tech call the Ford Hot Line for repair advice  and then have me me bring the car back in for further evaluation and repair. 

My car was at the dealership for more than a week and I received no repair status.  When I finally spoke to someone, I was told that the Ford Hot Line would not provide repair advice or help and that the tech was going to contact the Performance  Center.  My car remained at the dealership dealership for another 3 days.  I tried to get status for 2 of the 3 days but my requests were ignored by my advisor.  When I finally reached my advisor, I was told that  Ford Performance  also would not provide repair advice or help.  I told my advisor to clean up my car and  I would pick it up. I asked my advisor, how was I suppose to get the  paddle shifters made functional if my selling dealership doesn't know how to address the problem and Ford is not willing to help.   NO ANSWER  I am 72 years old and seldom use the paddles, but I paid for them and they should work.  Otherwise,  the car is a beautiful, perfect car.

Anyone want to buy  a fully equipped (except brake pkg) 2019 ST in White Platinum with 6000 miles and non functional paddle shifters?

• 3 weeks later...