Turn signal

2017EDGE

I wanted to know if anyone has tapped into their turn signal to set up a switchback led  strip. I have done it but it seems that the t/s has a constant current. So my relay isn't bein triggered as It should .. is their a second t/s wire that isn't getting constant voltage only when. You hit the turn signal .. thanks  in advance. 

The turn signal circuit on the Edge uses a dual voltage setup, low voltage (5V i think) to activate the parking light and full voltage to activate the turn signal. The bulb itself is a single filament bulb.

You can disable the "parking light" voltage using ForScan and then you'll get rid of the constant current, but you would also loose the "parking light" from the same circuit. Refer to this post. Though the side marker still functions as a parking light, so there would still be a constant power for parking light going into the headlamp assembly.

Another source for the constant parking light is from the signature light in the bumper, it has 12V constant with ignition on and another constant with parking lights which causes the signature lights to dim when parking/head lights are on.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...