OEM Rear Bumper Support...

Sean T.

Hello all, I just joined this forum. My family began our lease on a 2008 Ford Edge and we love it. We've already took it on a week long trip around the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Recently, we took off the bumper and installed the Tow Package bumper support. We still have the OEM bumper support, and I was just wondering if it is worth it to try and sell it, or should I just try to sell it as scrap metal?

(Which would bring up the question of where can I go to sell scrap metal?)

By the way, I am located in the Detroit/Pontiac area, in Lake Orion... so if anyone is interested... *hint hint*

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all, I just joined this forum. My family began our lease on a 2008 Ford Edge and we love it. We've already took it on a week long trip around the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Recently, we took off the bumper and installed the Tow Package bumper support. We still have the OEM bumper support, and I was just wondering if it is worth it to try and sell it, or should I just try to sell it as scrap metal?

By the way, I am located in the Detroit/Pontiac area, in Lake Orion... so if anyone is interested... *hint hint*

I guess if it where me, I would hang onto the supports until the end of your lease, then remove the hitch and other supports and then turn in the Edge. After that try and sell the hitch and related parts. That way your not giving your hitch to the leasing company.

Plus scrap metal prices are in the tank right now. You would be better off throwing it in a recycling container and save your time and money for gas.

Hi Sean. :D I agree 100% with IZZYAZ. Keep the Factory support and reinstall/swap it with the Tow Package bumper support before you turn your Lease in. Then you can possibly re-use the Tow Package if you Lease/buy another Edge. If you do not Lease/buy another Edge, you can always sell the Tow Package, and would likely get a better offer for the better equipment.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

• 2 weeks later...

Well we had to cut a hole in the bumper cover to install the hitch, and we can't return the edge with a hole in the bumper and no hitch there.

I decided to post it on the local Craigslist and I sold it last week for 50 bucks :)

I guess the guy's wife got rear ended by a trailblazer after only having their Edge for 6 days... ouch!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for right and left bumper supports for a 2000 Ranger.

P/N F37Z17796A - left rear support outer

P/N F37Z17795A - right rear support outer

P/N F37Z17788A - left rear support inner

P/N F37Z17787A - right rear support inner

If these match your part numbers, I take them off your hands for a small fee. Post back here and if it's a match, I'll give you contact info