Edge and Rust?

oskar27

What is your experience with rust in your Edge? Obviously this question should be answered mostly by owners in the northern states where the highways and roads are salted during the winter months.

My 2016 Edge Titanium is rust free so far but I don’t expect to be so lucky for very long. I live in Montreal Canada and our roads are regularly salted during the winter. Normally I Ziebart rustproofing my new cars when new but with my Edge, due to various reasons, I didn’t. Last September when I call for an appointment the earliest appointment I could get was end of November so I gave up again. Now I will do myself some rustproofing the best I can and in the spring I will take her for a good rustproofing, better late than never, I guess.

If you like your vehicle(s), NEVER USE ZIEBART! ZIEBART traps in the moisture & rots the vehicle from the inside out. Use a product like fluid film, that allows moisture to escape & protects your vehicles. ZIEBART also makes it VERY difficult to work on if you need to change parts in the future. I used to be a Ziebart person because I thought that it was the only thing out there. Both of our Edge's get a coat of fluid film every year before winter & we avoid under body washes during the winter. 

Fluid Film is relatively cheap & will help your car last a lot longer than one coated with Ziebart. There's MANY videos online, but here's a decent one that explains why you shouldn't use Ziebart: