Rear Wiper Delete

VanDookie54

7 hours ago, Nick Halstead said:

I plugged it, I also dont use the washer fluid. In my 7 years I’ve never added washer fluid to the car. The dealer has prob topped it off but it has not been to one in 4 years.

The rear glass is still perfectly functional. I’ve never had any visibility issues looking in my rear view and not being able to see. Does look good tho

DC3CF32A-5387-46EC-A1E5-502B547416C6.jpeg

I agree, it looks really neat. But I could never be without the rear wiper. I have to use it nearly every single week of the year to keep the rear windscreen clear.

Around here (winter months) its a necessity. Driving on the highway in the rain or sleet makes visibility difficult  without a rear wiper or washer. 

FWIW, I'd save the parts to restore when you decide to sell the car. The next owner may need a rear wiper and make the sale more difficult without it. Don't believe that it's a DOT requirement, so dealer can't reduce the price of the trade-in. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

Around here (winter months) its a necessity. Driving on the highway in the rain or sleet makes visibility difficult  without a rear wiper or washer. 

FWIW, I'd save the parts to restore when you decide to sell the car. The next owner may need a rear wiper and make the sale more difficult without it. Don't believe that it's a DOT requirement, so dealer can't reduce the price of the trade-in. 

Thanks for the advice, the way things are going now it will be years before I even think about trading it in.  Love the car and just finished al mods I had in mind.