Dead car but fully charged battery

Droop

I have a tricky one here. 

Went out one day and everything was dead on my 2019 Ford Edge. Called roadside assistant and they sent out a tow truck. As soon as he backed into the tires to pick it up the car rolled a bit and all the lights flashed on the car. It then started. I still took it to the dealership but they could not find any thing wrong. This has happened at least a dozen times over the past 2 years, now all I do if it happens is rock the car and everything starts to work. 

Does anyone have any suggestion on what the issue might be.

• Confused 1

obviously some loose connection somewhere.

my first best guess would be to check your battery terminals for tight and clean connections, & then chassis grounds throughout. 

EDIT ; in theory it could be internal to be battery, but it is not likely... but just in case, be very careful and wear eye protection if you start wiggling wires in the area

Edited by Cerberus
  • Like 1

Everything dead is clear that either its the battery itself or the connection from the battery into the car. (Even off the battery is supplying current to many circuits, such as interior lights).

Next time it happens, open the hood and initiate impact engineering on the battery. There's always the slight  possibility that one of the plates cracked or a broken connection between the plate pile and cable connectors. Rare but not unheard of.

Are the battery cable connections tight? At both ends?

Everything dead. Use a VOM or test light, one terminal on + and the other on the starter connection.

If power is getting to the starter, check to see if power is getting to the power distribution (fuse box).

Also check that the top layer of the fuse box is seated properly over the second layer. Page 272 of the owners manual.