Maintenance Schedule - Low Mileage 2016 Edge

Was looking at the Owner's Manual for information on Time / Mileage intervals for certain maintenance to be performed, and concluded some time ago that we could line the Service Ops up, but would have to make our own interval schedule due to very low mileage driven.

We bought the Edge used from a Ford Dealer with 48,400 Kms in June 2019 - with an in service date: August 2016. Vehicle was a special order as a Lease unit and it looked like a snow bird vehicle that had never been driven in Ontario's Salt / Rust Belt. We've taken really good care of it, cleaning the leather interior and applying leather conditioner, deep cleaning the carpets, vacuuming regularly, had it Krown Rust Proofed each year, and winter stored the alloy wheels fitting steel wheels and Continental snow tires. Between the two sets of rubber, we may never have to buy a new set of tires during its ownership, except that the All Season tires that came with it will need to be replaced this year due to age. I've changed oil and filter every 4 or 5 months or 3,000 miles since we bought it.

The Edge has 72,600 Kms on it now, has had the coolant flushed and I'm considering taking it to the dealer for a transmission flush and fill, even though it hasn't reached the mileage interval listed for this service. In fact, a lot of the service intervals are so far out based on mileage that many of them would likely never be performed before we ever considered selling it, IF we followed the manual.

But I think we are entering a 'severe service' mode since the vehicle doesn't go very far due to COVID and our driving habits as seniors. 

I was wondering if anyone else has created a revised maintenance schedule for low mileage vehicles like ours.

Thoughts?