Actuator or something else?

My Edge has dual climate control, and has an issue lately where the driver side would pump out hot air regardless of what temp I set it to. I found a video on how to reset it, and it takes a couple times to get it. But lately it's happening more often.

I'm thinking the blend door actuator is messed up. Would that be the correct assumption?

Also, a couple weeks ago, noticed a low whirr from behind glove box and doesn't go away at any speed. Is it something caught in the fan, or something else?

Edited by nthnu

what MY is your Edge? but yes if the reset isn't working, it is most likely the actuator in need of replacement. there are 2 in a dual climate system (assuming 2007-2014), the standard one in the driver side of the dashboard, and the added one behind the glove box for dual zone.

the whir is from the blower, could be a clogged filter or a bad blower motor. i would check the filter plus for any debris in the motor itself first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1