License Plate Issue

Hey Guys

I am trying to change the bulbs on my 2008 Ford Edge (Canadian) and I cant for the hell of me get the bulb to come out of the holder? Even a mechanic tried its like they are both stuck in there?

Any help? Pictures? PLZZ

-Rav

Hi Rav. :D Have you brought it to the Service Department at your Ford Dealership? If it is a 2008, it should still be under Warranty (unless you have an unusual amount of miles on it). That would mean that any bulb replacements would be covered under Warranty. In this way, if the bulb housing/socket is defective, it will also be replaced.

If for some reason you do not want to go back to the Dealership, the only help I can offer is the directions that are in the Owners Manual (copied and pasted below):

Replacing high-mount brake lamp bulbs

Your vehicle is equipped with an LED center high-mount stop lamp. It is

designed to last the life of the vehicle. If replacement is required, see

your authorized dealer.

Replacing license plate lamp bulbs

1. Make sure the headlamp switch is

in the OFF position.

2. Depress the lever and carefully

pry the license plate lamp assembly

(located above the license plate)

from the liftgate.

3. Rotate the bulb socket

counterclockwise and remove from

lamp assembly.

4. Pull bulb straight out of socket

and push in the new bulb.

5. Install the bulb socket into the

lamp assembly and rotate clockwise.

6. To install, carefully press the

lamp assembly into liftgate.

I'm not sure if you already checked the Owners Manual or not (a lot of people don't), so figured I would offer the instructions. There is also a basic diagram in the Owners Manual. I hope these help.

Good luck. :beerchug:

yep, I recall them being tough to get out. as you know, the bulbs sit in their own little trays and access to the tray itself is tight for the fingers. I had to removed the license plate so I had room to drop down the trays (they unclasp via little tab) which have plenty of wire to come down several inches, remove the plastic window cover and replace bulbs that way. dropping the trays allowed me to turn them and finally get purchase on the tiny bulbs and use the full pressure needed to remove them. trying to take them out while in the trays up under that ledge was a no go for me.