Suggested Inspection

D*Rock

A independent shops can have good or only fair mechanics,  but none will carry the specialized tools, software or schooled technicians that are required by FordMoCo. Dealers labor rate is higher because they need to carry tooling and training not needed by an independent. If my Lincoln needs transmission work, they schedule it with a technician who's trained in a Ford transmission school. Specialized technicians is something you won't find in an independent. They deal with all brands and must be a jack of all trades. 

There are several mechanics in our area that can change oil. But I still only use my local Ford/Lincoln dealer because I know they are the best, have the tools and test equipment necessary and offer a good guarantee that I can depend on. 

If your set against a Ford dealer, rather than using a "chain" mechanic (which I view with some septism as they employ minimum wage "mechanics"),  I'd recommend a local pro. Someone who's been in business for years and has a reputation to defend. Ask on Facebook who others recommend in your area.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 2