Airbag light on

2009 Ford Edge Limited 

Airbag light is on and steady. Checked for codes B2290-E0 (Occupant Classification System Fault, front passenger side) and B1318-20 (battery low voltage) came up. Not sure if these are related in this situation. Checked battery and it’s at 12.4 volts and only a year or so old. Wondering if anyone has had this problem and how it was fixed. I’d rather try to fix myself. I know there are several harnesses under the passenger seat but not sure which is for what.

On 3/24/2022 at 9:27 AM, akirby said:

Voltage means nothing.  99% your battery is toast.  That was a classic symptom in 1st Gen fusions.  Have the CCAs checked with a digital tester.  If it’s not the battery it might be the connections/cables or grounds.

Turns out a connector on the rear of the front passenger seat was so loose it fell off when I touched it. Very poor design but anyway no more airbag light.

• 1 year later...

Even though I understand that this thread is already old, my hope is that anyone who comes across this comment will find it useful. I've encountered difficulties with the Airbag Light in my Ford and dedicated a considerable amount of time to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, my efforts were futile. To expand my knowledge and gain insights into common causes of the Ford Airbag Light turning on, I embarked on a search. That's when I chanced upon the YOUCANIC Ford Airbag Light resource, which proved to be remarkably informative. After perusing their article, I finally managed to rectify the airbag light problem in my Ford. It turned out that the issue stemmed from a faulty occupancy passenger sensor, accompanied by damaged wiring. I wholeheartedly recommend YOUCANIC because their comprehensive explanations greatly aided my comprehension of the airbag light issue.

• Thanks 2