Heat - lack of

Theakerr

Have had my 2008 Edge Ltd AWD about 4 weeks now and never too happy with heater, but!! We recently had our first cool morning at -18C (0.0 F). Heater was definitely not up to par and about half way through a 50 km trip the heater was actually putting out cold air. Stopped at my dealer. After consulting with Ford, it appears that a batch of defective heater cores have been installed in some 2008 models. A new core, which apparently involves a major tear-down, has been installed and it appears to work well. My dealer has really looked after me with a late model AWD Fusion loner for the interim. A effective heater up here in the Great White North as well as the northern US at this time of the year can be a matter of life and death - literally. Do not know if this is restricted to Canada.

• 2 weeks later...

Ours is in the shop now. The heat stopped coming out of the drivers side but worked out of the passenger side. They ordered and replaced an actuator in the heating system. It was the problem. Now we get to wait even longer for the entire heat system to be ordered including the heater core. Just Fantastic!!! Stuck now between taking the Edge or cramming into our truck with none of the amenities for our baby.... :banghead:

Have had my 2008 Edge Ltd AWD about 4 weeks now and never too happy with heater, but!! We recently had our first cool morning at -18C (0.0 F). Heater was definitely not up to par and about half way through a 50 km trip the heater was actually putting out cold air. Stopped at my dealer. After consulting with Ford, it appears that a batch of defective heater cores have been installed in some 2008 models. A new core, which apparently involves a major tear-down, has been installed and it appears to work well. My dealer has really looked after me with a late model AWD Fusion loner for the interim. A effective heater up here in the Great White North as well as the northern US at this time of the year can be a matter of life and death - literally. Do not know if this is restricted to Canada.

I have a similar problem on mine, a little bit of warm air from the driver side vents and cool air on the passenger side.

I'm also being told by my local dealership that it's related to a heater core issue still under investigation by the engineering dept. at Ford. As you mentionned, replacing the heater core is a major tear down which requires to strip down the entire instrument panel. Personnally, I don't like this because of the risk of damaging trims and getting possible rattles from the dashboard afterward.

It appears at this stage that no other option including reverse flush of the heater core would avoid that major tear down. Really disapointed when you know that it's almost a brand new vehicle.