2013 Ford Edge Sony System Sucks…

Hello, I have a Ford Edge with the Sony system and I personally think it sucks. I am no audiophile but I love going into cars with a nice loud and great sounding systems. And Frankly the Sony system just isn’t it… It gets quieter when there is bass and it sounds like it cant handle the music I listen to (mainly rap). Just wondering what is the best way of getting rid of this. I feel like the speakers are fine. They are just underpowered or governed by the amp or something. Someone please help

This is widely discussed over in the F150 forum. Most have the exact same opinion. The basic consensus is to replace the speakers with better and add a powered sub. Here's one fellas post (2013) on what he did to correct the sound:

"This is the answer to making it much louder. I went with the best Pioneer speakers and it made a world of difference. For more bass, I added a 6" powered bazooka tube. My system is now very good as compared to stock and I don't think it cost more than $250!"

Why not drop by a local audio shop and see what they recommend?

• Like 1