P04DB 2019 EDGE 2.0

I have a 2019 Ford edge(hers) recently ran out of warranty of course 3 days ago!! Got a P04DB code and wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I have researched here and Google and not found and edge with issue just f150 escape and a few others. None of wich have been helpful. Any help would be appreciated!

Interesting! Although I'm not thrilled about having to change a pvc on a car with 34,000 on it! Any idea on the procedure for removing and replacing. I've looked and guess it's behind the intake manifold? Seemes like a pain to get to!

Edited by Dustin6253

Below are PDF download links to Crankcase Ventilation Tube Removal and Installation instructions from the 2019 Edge Workshop Manual and to Technical Service Bulletin 21-2340, relating to your Edge's issue.

Despite your Edge's BTB warranty expiration occurring so very recently, discuss the TSB with your dealership's Service Department to see if they can get authorization to perform the TSB action, presuming your Edge's Build Date is within the TSB's date range. 

It may be covered under Engine Emissions warranty.

The Workshop Manual section will familiarize you with the required task.

Good luck!

TSB 21-2340 - 2.0L EcoBoost - Illuminated MIL With DTC P04DB - Built On Or Before 22-Aug-2019.pdf

Crankcase Ventilation Tube - Removal and Installation - 2019 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

• Like 1