Steering Wheel Seek Button Issues

2013 Ford Edge SEL

Sync system works amazingly and have had no issues up to this point. Recently in the last week, the seek button on my steering wheel will not change the station on Sirius favorites. It will fast forward and rewind what’s on the radio, but it won’t change the station. 

every other button works perfectly, with no issues. 

had an incident last week where the tailgate didn’t close when button was pushed and I had to do it twice. Then the dashboard decided to look all funky - but turning off the truck, and letting it sit for about 5 minutes resolved that issue. 

current issue started after the above resolved. 

any ideas on how to resolve this?

thanks!

• Like 1

Sounds like your battety is getting weak. Check the connections for looseness and corrosion. Check the battery's CCA rating (not just voltage reading as battery can recover cell-by-cell but get sucked down when the engine's running). Sounds like all the problems can be traced to a low voltage condition.

If it's around 50% or lower, time for a new, new battery.  (I watched Demolition Man last night).

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1