Update to Sync 3.4 completed but not so???

I did an update from Sync 3.0 to 3.4 on my 2017 Edge Sport.  The file apparently downloaded and installed as I received a message similar to "Software update complete" and this was followed by "You can now remove your jumpdrive."  I restarted the vehicle however the Sync still shows as being at version 3.0.  I did a "find updates" via WiFi and no updates are found.

I guess I can try reloading via the jumpdrive again, but I'm just seeing if anyone has any input or ideas regarding this.

Thanks.

After the update, and before the restart, did you wait 3 minutes? Did the display state "system updated" after the restart? Is there a down arrow on upper right if screen?

If you intend to do the upgrade again, this is the proper procedure:

1. Remove the flash drive.
2. Perform a master reset.
3. Turn the vehicle off and open the driver side door.
4. Once radio turns off, close the door and wait 5 minutes.
5. Start the vehicle and insert the flash drive.
6. Wait until the update starts.

On 8/31/2022 at 11:57 PM, enigma-2 said:

After the update, and before the restart, did you wait 3 minutes? Did the display state "system updated" after the restart? Is there a down arrow on upper right if screen?

If you intend to do the upgrade again, this is the proper procedure:

1. Remove the flash drive.
2. Perform a master reset.
3. Turn the vehicle off and open the driver side door.
4. Once radio turns off, close the door and wait 5 minutes.
5. Start the vehicle and insert the flash drive.
6. Wait until the update starts.

Thanks for this information.  Sorry for the delayed response, but I was out of town and just got back.

I ran through this procedure step by step.  When I inserted the flash drive the screen indicated "updating system software."  After about one minute I got a message similar to "Sirius Software updated" and a minute later a message that "system software updated."  I received the message "you may remove your USB" and something like "updates will take effect next time you start the engine."  With that said, I'm still running 3.0 and no kind of update occurred.  

Might you have any other suggestions?