2022 Ford Edge ST APIM

Purchased a new 2022 Ford Edge ST. Drove it off the lot with a total of 30 miles on it. 2 days later the touchscreen issues started.

I first suspected that an OTA update had gone wrong. I went back to the dealer a few days after the purchase for tires and while the car was there it must have connected back to WiFi and finished the update. The screen worked great for the next 1.5 weeks, then came the black screen of death that I'm currently dealing with. I was driving down the road, car play was working great and then out of no where the music stopped and the screen froze. It's never come back on since. 3.5 weeks ago the dealer diagnosed it as a bad APIM and put one on order. As most of you probably know, it's been 3.5 weeks since it was ordered and there's no ETA on when it might be available because, "Ford is making changes to the programming."

This leads me to believe that the actual issue may not be the APIM itself, but rather the software/firmware. Has anyone had this issue? Have you somehow fixed it on your own or put a bandaid in place while you wait? Can I somehow flash it back to factory and see what happens?

I have no radio, backup camera, climate controls, etc. I live where winter is gradually closing in and the only way I can turn the heat on is to remote start the car or turn on the max defrost.

I'm a little desperate here...