2013 Edge, 2.0 oil leak

Philliphalljr

Good morning. Had a post on here about having a valve cover oil leak. Ended up taking it to a shop and having that done. I got back in town, went and picked up the Edge and it seemed fine. We took it on a trip, 4 hours each way, got home, it had a smell, checked the oil and it was 4 quarts low. Light never came on. So I am thinking now the oil sensor is bad, but also this morning I noticed an oil film all over the tail gate. I am at a loss as to what would cause this. Anyone else seen anything similar? Seems like everything I see doing a search online is for the 6 cyl… thanks everyone.

The oil on the tailgate is from the oil leaking out while driving.  The sensor does not measure oil level only oil pressure so it may or may not be bad.  My guess is they used the wrong gaskets or I stalled them incorrectly or left something loose allowing the oil to leak out rapidly.

I am hoping the same. I got up under it, there is oil all over the undercarriage. I noticed a run where it was dripping from the top somewhere  but could not trace it to the source. I did spray some engine cleaner hoping that would help find it but no luck. So tomorrow I am going to run to the shop that did the gasket and have them go over it..