Driver Center Armrest

2018 Edge SEL.  Looking for a little help on how to remove the center armrest.  Not the whole console, but just the armrest between the driver and passenger.  It makes so much noise (plastic creaking) when you put your arm on it that it makes you not want to use it.  Trying to find a way to take it apart and try to stiffen it up or fix the creaking.  Thanks for your help in advance. 

I had a similar issue on my 2016 Edge's armrest. I found out that cleaning the ridge shown in the below images and other side where the ridge meets would eliminate the creaking for sometime. Eventually, I put some felt tape over the ridge and it has been quiet for the longest time I remember.

IMG-20221103-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20221103-WA0012.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, omar302 said:

Eventually, I put some felt tape over the ridge and it has been quiet for the longest time I remember.

So I just checked again, I actually put the felt tape on the console side. When the armrest/lid cover closes, the ridge would press on the felt tape instead of the plastic side.

Screenshot_2022-11-03-19-08-29-07_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

• Thanks 1