Requesting Wiring Diagram for 6 Way Edge Seats (2009)

Swapping 09 edge seats into a different vehicle. 6 Way power, forward/back, up and down.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram (or can point me in the right direction)? I really just need to know which one have power and ground. Just doing a basic hook up on it. 

Thanks. 

7 hours ago, Haz said:

The following are download links to the requested information in PDF document format...

Just curious...What type of vehicle are the seats being transplanted into?

Good luck!

Thank you! I found it last night from CardiaGM (i think that's the website name). I will double check your links though. I really appreciate it. Was striking out hard when searching. 

The seat will be going in a 2008 prius. I originally wanted a volvo seat, but there were no options at my junkyard and they had a great sale going on. I think $15/seat that day. I really needed lumbar and the seats going up and down a little will help me. Also, when mounting, I will move the seat back a few inches since the 2nd gen prius is lacking in leg room. 

I don't think this edge seat was the most comfortable of all time, but it seemed better than most. I think newer cars (starting in the late 2000s) focused more on the look of the seat instead of comfort level. Also, it appears that the base (where your legs/butt sit) isn't as long as on older cars. Seems like that part is about 3/4 the size of older vehicles and may cause some strain on legs. At least it does for me. 

Thanks again!

On 12/24/2022 at 2:58 PM, Haz said:

One more document, then...

Heated Seats Wiring Diagram - 2009 Edge Workshop Manual.pdf

Good luck!

Thanks friend! Couldn't have done this without ya!

Got the heat to work. A little confused though. They have 4 wires. 1 is ground (black). 1 is constant power (Ye/blue), then 2 more (ye/violet and violet). If I apply power to ye/violet, I get heat. If I remove that and apply it to violet, I get heat. I'm not sure if one is high and the other is low. If I need to toggle power between them or if they both need power for the high. I guess I could experiment by just checking the temp of the seat as I hook them up. Gives me a reason to get a temp gun....or maybe just steel the meat thermometer out of the kitchen. lol

Need to mess with with the seat a little more. When I lower the seat with the controls, it bottoms out, but it seems that one side doesn't bottom out as much as the other. Underneath the seat, you can tell based on the mechanism (slot on each side shows position) and the track itself isn't even with each other. Maybe I just need to have weight on the seat though. 

Slowly making progress. 

Just for reference to anyone in the future. There are 2 grounds and 2 powers for the 6 way controls. The grounds are a black/blue and a regular black. The black/blue is a larger wire and pretty obvious. The 2 powers are a green(ish)/red and green(ish)/orange iirc. 

Got it all working. Thanks again Haz.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1