2019 Ford Edge 2.0 Ecoboost Coolant loss not what you think

macbwt

My 2019 Ford Edge Titanium AWD had coolant loss with the VEP Engine.   The engine is fine however Ford fixed the engine block but decided to create another coolant loss issue by adding an EGR cooler that leaked internally and added coolant to the engine and some even entered the oil system and I have the oil test to prove it.   Ford diagnosed the cool leak in the EGR cooler and replaced it under my Ford ESP that I am so happy to say I extended to another 5 yrs and 150,000 miles.   Just keep in mind the 2019 VEP engine is good.  However people mistakenly jump to conclusions on the 2019+ VEP engine and do not know what they are talking about.

• Like 1

One of the things I looked out for on my 2019/2020 quest to get an Edge. The one I got, that is out of powertrain warranty, had the issue already and the programming and cooler replacement. Having a 2017 Escape with the 1.5 and waiting for the coolant intrusion issue was not much fun. No sense it would happen, and at 96,000 miles hadn't happened yet.