Heating/AC fan starts and stops at random

FINFAN3DP

I have an 07 Edge... It has roughly 35k on it, and since about 25k it has had an on again, off again problem with the Heating/AC fan that blows the air out slowing down, and quitting all together. Whether it is on level 4 or 1. Sometimes when I get back into the car after it had died the day before, it will come on full blast... last a couple weeks.... then die again like yesterday. The heat still comes out, but no FAN... Then on the way home from work yesterday all of the sudden it comes back on.

Anyone else have a problem like this???

Fin

I have an 07 Edge... It has roughly 35k on it, and since about 25k it has had an on again, off again problem with the Heating/AC fan that blows the air out slowing down, and quitting all together. Whether it is on level 4 or 1. Sometimes when I get back into the car after it had died the day before, it will come on full blast... last a couple weeks.... then die again like yesterday. The heat still comes out, but no FAN... Then on the way home from work yesterday all of the sudden it comes back on.

Anyone else have a problem like this???

Fin

Hi FINFAN. :D Unless you have an ESP (Extended Service Plan), your Bumper to Bumper Warranty Warranty expires in 1,000 miles (36,000). After that any repair costs will come out of your pocket. I would recommend that you bring your vehicle in for service as soon as possible. Describe in detail what happens and let them diagnose the problem. The Service Department will be able to check for any TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins) relating to your concerns.

I understand you are looking for opinions, but in the end, the Service Department will have to go through their diagnosis procedures no matter what opinions we may give you over the Internet. I just do not want you to lose your window of opportunity concerning Warranty coverage of your problem.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

• 4 years later...