Spare tire compartment bottom liner

I have a 2016 Edge.  I  recently brought back a 5-gallon bucket of hydraulic oil that had a lid on it that you have to cut each tab and pry off.  Turns out the lid was not on and although I had a mat over the spare tire cover that is only good for about 3 gallons of fluid.  The rest overflowed the edges into the carpet and fiberglass of the spare tire cover and settled under the spare tire.  There is a molded liner that I pulled out that was under the spare tire.  I can not find a replacement liner anywhere.  I can find the tire cover, the foam boxes but not the bottom molded liner.  I also think that all years do not have this liner.  Salvage yards around detroit and oakland county have proved fruitless as no one has a 2015 edge or newer.  That could be a good sign for reliability and safety.

Welcome to the Forum!

I checked Ford's online parts website, and their FordParts.com spare compartment illustration lacks any showing of the part you're describing...

image.png.19b322c7e9444702313cec0d2c6bec31.png

Because you were especially seeking a used replacement for the spoiled one, try car-part.com to perform your Salvage Yard search...

image.png.c1905545e9bca793ddaea80f10993280.pnger 

As shown above, I used the search menu's picklists to designate vehicle model year, brand & model, state, sort by distance, and I inputted the Zip Code for Inkster, since it's central in Wayne County.

I designated the desired part as 'Seat, Rear (2nd Row)' because the picklist of part names lacks any spare-related terms that returned a successful search.

After clicking the 'Search' button...

image.png.eeccc9a529d40c594eb95c181659295e.png

I opted for only 2016 model year Edges in the search results, which returned two browser pages of 2016 Edge listings, most with photos of the vehicle, at Salvage Yards in Lincoln Park, Brownstown, Belleville, Ypsilanti, Highland Park, Waterford, and as far away as Grand Rapids.

The listings include the various Salvage Yard phone numbers for you to call and describe to the phone attendant the part you need.  Texting them a photo of the spoiled part may make that job easier.

Good luck!

Edited by Haz