Power Steering Issues???

ok, took the Edge in for service last week and to have some things checked out and fixed. one of them being the power steering. i don't know if it's the tires or what it is, but they actually performed a TSB concerning the banjo bolt or whatnot, i don't have the paperwork in front of me, or i would post the TSB number. but the reason i was concerned, when you are turning, and at a very slow speed, like into a driveway or garage, the steering would feel like it was "dragging", kind of like low air pressure in a tire, but i run 40 pounds of air so i know it's not that. well, to make a longer story short, i have had my Edge back since tuesday of this week, and it just started doing it again. has anyone else experienced this with their Edge? any help or advice would be appreciated. by the way, mine is an '07 with about 22K miles on it.

• 3 years later...

ok, took the Edge in for service last week and to have some things checked out and fixed. one of them being the power steering. i don't know if it's the tires or what it is, but they actually performed a TSB concerning the banjo bolt or whatnot, i don't have the paperwork in front of me, or i would post the TSB number. but the reason i was concerned, when you are turning, and at a very slow speed, like into a driveway or garage, the steering would feel like it was "dragging", kind of like low air pressure in a tire, but i run 40 pounds of air so i know it's not that. well, to make a longer story short, i have had my Edge back since tuesday of this week, and it just started doing it again. has anyone else experienced this with their Edge? any help or advice would be appreciated. by the way, mine is an '07 with about 22K miles on it.

I have exactly the same problem.

Have you ever found out what was wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow old thread but this is my first post. I have noticed the same problem with mine too. Bought mine in October second hand. Sluggish at an idle to turn into a parking spot, if the motor is reved up a little it's easier. PS fluid is topped up, no leaks in the system, tire pressure at specified range too. Wondering if it COULD be tire compound. Maybe a softer tire takes more to turn? Unsure. I'm going to try running some additive in the power steering fluid. Used to be called Bi-tron, not sure if they still produce it but I have some still. It did wonders on my 91 mustang. That era of Ford had whiny power steering pumps, took the noise right away. Maybe it will help lube up the system with this.

Wow old thread but this is my first post. I have noticed the same problem with mine too. Bought mine in October second hand. Sluggish at an idle to turn into a parking spot, if the motor is reved up a little it's easier. PS fluid is topped up, no leaks in the system, tire pressure at specified range too. Wondering if it COULD be tire compound. Maybe a softer tire takes more to turn? Unsure. I'm going to try running some additive in the power steering fluid. Used to be called Bi-tron, not sure if they still produce it but I have some still. It did wonders on my 91 mustang. That era of Ford had whiny power steering pumps, took the noise right away. Maybe it will help lube up the system with this.

Pls, keep us posted ;)