Are speaker harnesses required for speaker upgrade?

end

if you feel comfortable going wire to wire.. no harness needed. just clip the end of the harness from the head unit at the speaker and expose the wires and solder them up. viola.. no harness needed. no way I would pay for a 'harness' when what I just said could be done free and fast and easy and get just as good a connection.

if you feel comfortable going wire to wire.. no harness needed. just clip the end of the harness from the head unit at the speaker and expose the wires and solder them up. viola.. no harness needed. no way I would pay for a 'harness' when what I just said could be done free and fast and easy and get just as good a connection.

...and if you're not so good at soldering, you can use crimp style butt connectors, which are easier.

Sheesh I never thought of that, I soldered almost all of the connections for my aftermarket head unit for that harness.. I guess I just wanted things to come out clean if I sold the car, but now that I think of it I should just cut the wires and save some money.

Sheesh I never thought of that, I soldered almost all of the connections for my aftermarket head unit for that harness.. I guess I just wanted things to come out clean if I sold the car, but now that I think of it I should just cut the wires and save some money.

but 'technically' real audio buff would say that just cut and twist still leaves an arching gap between wires and is not a 'clean' connection.... not that you or I could tell the diff ;)