2007 edge se cluster swap to mkx cluster

So I’ve done an instrument cluster swap in my 2007 edge SE from the stock cluster to a Lincoln MKX cluster I don’t remember the year of the MKX but it was from the same generation. The MKX has the digital information center on it that shows, MPG, trip an and b, miles to empty, avg speed, odometer and other stuff.  I reprogrammed pats, and initialized the cluster using forscan. Everything works except for a couple issues. 

1. the odometer reads 40k miles less but it’s not an issue. (Not to big of an issue, if i can’t adjust it myself I will send it out to someone)

2. The wrench light is on. (I didn’t realize it but I got this from an AWD and mine is a fwd, the IC is throwing a code because it doesn’t see the transfer case/PTU) 

3. the a/c is now not working. (The IC is throwing a code because it doesn’t see the HVAC module)  it is the base model HVAC system. 

does anyone know how I can fix Problems 2 and 3?  I’m still new to forscan so I’m not sure if it can be fixed in forscan or not. 

Here is what forscan is showing me for PCM codes:

Code: P0463 - Fuel Level Sensor 'A' Circuit

High

Module: Powertrain Control Module

Diagnostic Trouble Code details

Fuel Level Sensor 'A' Circuit High

This DTC may be caused by :

Sensor

Refer to the vehicle Workshop Manual for further system details

Here is what forscan is showing me for IC codes:

Code: B2627 - Fuel Sender Circuit Open No. 2

• DTC Present at Time of Request
  • Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DC

Module: Instrument Cluster

Code: U0102 - Lost Communication With Transfer Case Control Module

• Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Code: U0159 - Lost Communication With Parking Assist Control Module A

Code: U0164 - Lost Communication With HVAC

Control Module

Code: U0208 - Lost Communication With Seat

Control Module A

None of these codes were present before the cluster swap.

the pictures show my stock IC, the one I got from the JY out of a Lincoln MKX, and the HVAC control. 

my 2007 ford edge SE  is a FWD base model edge built Jan 2007.

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg

IMG_4046.jpeg

Edited by rdm21740
Corrected Lincoln model

A survey of Edge sales brochures reveals that your silver-faced Message Center Instrument Cluster was installed as standard equipment in 2007-2010 Edge SELs...

455197723_2007EdgeSalesBrochure-SELwithMessageCenterInstrumentCluster.jpg.bc6212da2baaf29185b665855ddf87b9.jpg

1887924763_FeaturesOptions-MessageCenterInstrumentCluster-2007EdgeSalesBrochure.jpg.5005d6da7973ebe27b204f512e7f44f1.jpg

It's useful that you're aware the Message Center instrument cluster came from an AWD vehicle because that explains the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) involving the Transfer Case and secondary Fuel Sensor, which are not installed on your Edge SE FWD.

Similarly, the other DTCs proceed from the Message Center Instrument Cluster presently containing As-Built programming values from the AWD vehicle, directing it to communicate with other modules or features which your Edge SE FWD lacks.

Using the VIN you Forum-messaged me, I pulled the Window Sticker (cropped here to eliminate VIN info) to review your Edge's options, and I also obtained the As-Built data for your Edge's originally installed Instrument Cluster...

838826286_SEFWDrdm21740s-2007EdgeWindowStickerICMAs-BuiltData.thumb.jpg.6d1ab0fcebf78d5f69a816dadaada56c.jpg

Your Edge being equipped with the Convenience Group containing the Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror is fortunate, because that interior mirror contains the Compass Module needed for the Message Center to display compass values. The lack of U2013 DTC indicates your Edge's Compass Module is communicating with the Message Center, despite the many DTCs generated by the AWD vehicle's As-Built data in Message Center Instrument Cluster.

Knowing your Edge's equipment from its Window Sticker, and that the Message Center Instrument Cluster was standard equipment in 2007-2010 Edge SELs, I surveyed comparably equipped 2007 Edge SELs offered for sale online, which yielded this vehicle...

943722858_SELFWDExample-2007EdgeWindowStickerICMAs-BuiltData.thumb.jpg.3f61c3c66ae9f08b0e8f038a3b0a66ee.jpg

The SEL FWD vehicle's online photos confirm it is equipped with the Message Center Instrument Cluster and the same Electronic Manual Temperature Control (EMTC) as your Edge, explaining their identical As-Built data, ICM 720-01-01 9C81 601C C2...

1882186256_SELFWDExample-InstrumentClusterPhoto.jpg.f199ebb31ea4d8ea67cba090204cee65.jpg  697905577_SELFWDExample-CenterStackPhoto.jpg.85238ae543095029daead6d463e4f631.jpga

All of this causes me to expect that, if you use Forscan to write your Edge's original Instrument Cluster As-Built data to the Message Center Instrument Cluster, use Forscan to clear all DTCs and to perform Self-Test routines on the PCM and ICM to verify no DTCs reoccur, then the Wrench light and the plethora of DTCs should be gone, and the Message Center and Climate controls should be functional.

Good luck!

Edited by Haz
  • Like 3