Popping noise

Ky Bob

I've been hearing what sounds like a front axle popping when I first take off . Sounds like it is coming from the front passenger side.

Anyone else heard or had this problem? Mind is front wheel drive only.

Do you have the chrome clad wheels? If so, alot of us with those wheels experience that noise, usually when turning at low speeds.

I've been hearing what sounds like a front axle popping when I first take off . Sounds like it is coming from the front passenger side.

I do have this problem in the front left side ( Ford Edge FWD 2007 ) + VIBRATION 120 KM[/size]

When i brake going to the dealer next week

The dealer told me to check if i add a clicquing sound when the vehicule was tunrning...

the EDGE was check in (novenber 2008 ) for the problem.....

Michel

Montreal ,Canada

I do have this problem in the front left side ( Ford Edge FWD 2007 ) + VIBRATION 120 KM[/size]

When i brake going to the dealer next week

The dealer told me to check if i add a clicquing sound when the vehicule was tunrning...

the EDGE was check in (novenber 2008 ) for the problem.....

Michel

Montreal ,Canada

• 2 years later...

Hi All,

Long time member now, but rarely hop on and post. I've got an 07 MKX with the Chrome Clad 18" wheels and am experiencing this problem, again. I had the dealership replace the front right wheel once before under warranty (with the exact same wheel), and of course, now have the same issue. I'm at 80k miles and the dealership won't do anything about it. Is there a DIY fix for this, or do I have to replace the wheel?

I'm off to search the rest of the forums (admittedly this was the first page that popped up when I did a google search) and will see what I can find. If anyone has advice it would be extreely helpful.

Thank you,

Gimlet-