New to me Edge owner

explorerrob

Hello everyone. I am a new owner of a 2007 Edge SEL AWD, it has some issues which I will address in the appropriate forum. We bought it to replace our 2002 Explorer that had major engine problems. We also currently own a 2005 Chevy Avalanche. Other than the '02 Explorer we have had a 2006 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4, and a '92 Explorer. All of them with over 350 Thousand K. The Avy is close to 4 hundred. I do almost all the work on the vehicles myself and find forums such as this to be of major value.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Herd!

Best to be aware of the NotoriousFailureItems in your V6~3.5L~DOHC powered 2007 Edge AWD:

* PTU: suction out & renew GearOil now & at least every 33kMiles\4Yrs; personal preference is every 8Kmiles\1Yr; best to Drilll+Tap a Drain

* InternalChainDriven WaterPump; no real fix for this, if inner seal or bearing fails it will put Coolant into OilPan & destroy engine

* Radiator Fan Control Module on upper left of FanCowling, fails & causes overheat; replace with MotorCraft only, not aftermarket.

Edited by DILLARD000
  • Like 2