Edge Aftermarket Exhaust Clips - Links Inside!

I did a little digging and found some clips of the Edge with both the Gibson and Flowmaster exhaust:

Gibson Exhaust

I guess I owe myself the money I offered a few months ago for finding these...... :huh:

Assuming this was a muffler only installation and not a full exhaust system overhaul, wouldn't just the muffler void the factory warranty? I actually think the Gibson sounded much better then the Flow, just my two cents.

Assuming this was a muffler only installation and not a full exhaust system overhaul, wouldn't just the muffler void the factory warranty? I actually think the Gibson sounded much better then the Flow, just my two cents.

The Gibson is not muffler-only, it is a full system. Gibson part number 319630 (aluminized) and 619630 (stainless).

I wonder what muffler only would sound like and if it would be worth it. Also, what about the manufacturer warrant. I assume this addition completed voided it!

This is a bolt-on system. Shouldn't void the warranty. If there was any question however, it's BOLT-ON, you could just take it off, put the stocker back on.

Whati s the fun in having more noise in the car, noise is a source pollution...I would gladly pay to remove the one I have stock completelly instead...

That right there would be the difference between being an "Owner" and being an "Enthusiast". :doh:

Edited by F4iMerlin

That right there would be the difference between being an "Owner" and being an "Enthusiast". :doh:

And making more noise makes someone an enthusiast...? :doh:

Sorry but I do not get it? Where is the relationship between polluting even more our environment with more noise, and the enthusiasm? Are you sure that this really makes the difference...???

Edited by Kanatronic

Since you are not an enthusiast, you wouldn't understand.

It's cool though, there's nothing wrong with sticking with stock.

Who say that I'm not an enthusiast? :happy feet: The fact that we are here in a forum, talking about our cars, I think that is an evidence enough of that, or not? Just that I do not see a logic behind making extra more noise with no benefits at all, IMO that is not a way to express my enthusiasm at all. I see the logic behind other mods, let's say, speaker upgrades, motor parts upgrades, new wheels, tires, new rugs, waxing, etc...all these is a way of expressing something, but making extra noise, sorry I pass.... :reading:

Who say that I'm not an enthusiast? :happy feet: The fact that we are here in a forum, talking about our cars, I think that is an evidence enough of that, or not? Just that I do not see a logic behind making extra more noise with no benefits at all, IMO that is not a way to express my enthusiasm at all. I see the logic behind other mods, let's say, speaker upgrades, motor parts upgrades, new wheels, tires, new rugs, waxing, etc...all these is a way of expressing something, but making extra noise, sorry I pass.... :reading:

I have a feeling (correct me if I am wrong) that the point here is adding noise or change of sound is strictly owner preference. When I change my exhaust, it will not be done because I want others to hear it, it is becuase I want to hear a different and better exhaust tone.

I have a feeling (correct me if I am wrong) that the point here is adding noise or change of sound is strictly owner preference. When I change my exhaust, it will not be done because I want others to hear it, it is becuase I want to hear a different and better exhaust tone.

Well that may be right if you live in a desert island, or you drive your car inside your garage or inside your house only, and will not go out on the streets (a public environment).

Just consider that the hearing is a sense that you can not choose to use or not, or turn it off, and while someone make noise, other people that do not want to hear it, will do it regardless, if they are around. In other words you are forcing other persons to be part of your decision, and to listen what they probably do not want to...And I have the feeling (correct me if I'm wrong) that this is not right...but anyway we have other noises around that we have to live with, like it or not, and as you say, that is up to you...Just that I do not see any logic behind that, and this is just strictly my very personal opinion as well...

blah.....blah.....blah.....

There is a benefit to adding a less restrictive exhaust to the Edge aside from the attractive exhaust tones, you will gain HP. Also, did you seriously say you feel changing the "rugs" in your car makes you an enthusiast???? :stop:

I really dont care what other people think of the way my cars sound. As long as I am not breaking the law or db limits, forget them.

In other words you are forcing other persons to be part of your decision, and to listen what they probably do not want to

You are forcing me to be part of your decision to speak your mind and "listen" to something I probably do not want to, right now. :wacko:

You should buy a Smart Car. I think it would be perfect for you.

(Try not to take anything too personal either, its all in good fun. Just folks sharing their opinions)

Edited by F4iMerlin
  • Like 1

There is a benefit to adding a less restrictive exhaust to the Edge aside from the attractive exhaust tones, you will gain HP.

Do not be so sure that to get "better tones" they remove the restrictive exhaust...Sometimes is just an add on... :shades:

You should buy a Smart Car. I think it would be perfect for you.

Man, I'm 340lb, do you really believe I will fit in an smart??? The main reason I got the Edge was space over my Taurus.... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

(Try not to take anything too personal either, its all in good fun. Just folks sharing their opinions)

Nah, I never get so serious about cars...

• 5 years later...

I saw the videos with those too exhaust noise differences with the master flow pipe muffler deal.I did not like either. I prefer the smoother tone of the stock muffler. sounds just right for me not too loud not too soft and a nice deep rumble. Just perfect for my likes.those other ex off in the video make the cart sound like a cheaper car, almost like those bikes