bambi mode for fog lights

i know its not legal but does anyone run their foglamps with high beams ? ive been doing

this for years with my trucks and mountaineers. makes a heck of a difference in visibility

at night. my 20 sel is the first edge with fogs. i dont have forescan but there is a download from

4d tech. im not computer savvy and am old so a lot of stupid questions will be asked. had a 13 limited we loved.

should have kept it. thank you ! irv

ps- the f150 guys have always called this mod--bambi mode.

Edited by irvin

I tried it (using Forscan to enable it) and in actual use I know the reason that it isn't that way from Ford. If you have your high beams on, you want to be looking further down range, with the fogs on you see too much close to you and that takes your focus. I disabled it pretty quickly, my environment that I drive in doesn't really necessitate both being on. I either want to see way down the road, or I want to see the sides illuminated, rarely both.

Yeah, I guess it might help you see bambi as you hit it. If you are going at speed that high beams longer reach matter, then anything that happens in the fog light realm is either not gonna happen or you will see it happen.

I guess it has been a long time since I have had to watch for critters, and when I did my cars had the old school glass "sealed beams", which have the same output as current interior lights, but I found it distracting on the interstate as well as dirt roads and 45 mph rural stretches of road.

I do use my fog lights 99% of the time, on my older Fusion it fills some large dark areas while in the neighborhood, and on my 2019 Edge it smooths out the million of small shadows from the LED headlights. I only get flashed when I have a load in the back, fogs on or off.

On 8/1/2023 at 3:10 PM, dabangsta said:

Yeah, I guess it might help you see bambi as you hit it. If you are going at speed that high beams longer reach matter, then anything that happens in the fog light realm is either not gonna happen or you will see it happen.

I guess it has been a long time since I have had to watch for critters, and when I did my cars had the old school glass "sealed beams", which have the same output as current interior lights, but I found it distracting on the interstate as well as dirt roads and 45 mph rural stretches of road.

I do use my fog lights 99% of the time, on my older Fusion it fills some large dark areas while in the neighborhood, and on my 2019 Edge it smooths out the million of small shadows from the LED headlights. I only get flashed when I have a load in the back, fogs on or off.

they help light up the ditches on the sides of the road. im surprised the hid's are pretty good .will still

replace the bulbs with night stalker osrams. worked better than stock in my 13 limited . ordered the download from

4d tech. dont have forescan. will raise the lamps just a bit.

Edited by irvin