Auto start/stop shuts off automatically when engine is started

Antknee

Hello,

I have a 2016 Ford Edge SE 2.0 ecoboost that has an issue with the start/stop function. Shortly after starting the vehicle, the switch on the console lights up, start/stop will not work. Pushing the switch to turn it back on will not work?

It stays locked off or the engine will not ever shut off at a stop. This started after I had the flex plate replaced back in April of this year. The vehicle has 178K on the engine. The transmission shop wants to charge me $150/hr. to diagnose it now, after they were the ones that did the repair?? Also, after their repair, we started getting a check engine fault code. P0303 cylinder #3 misfire? I swapped coil packs and spark plugs between cylinders to see if problem would move to cylinder #2? Fault code is still cylinder #3? The engine has issues like it starving for fuel possibly. RPM's fluctuate between 500 and 800 RPM randomly, not all the time? I haven't changed the fuel pump out yet, but I'm planning to with the mileage on it. Anyone have any ideas or had these issues?

Of all the things that need to happen for it to stop, having the CEL on is not one of them. Usually it is the battery state of charge, it is either too low, or it thinks it is too low (like when I replaced my battery that was down to 220 CCA it didn't re-enable until I did the BMS reset steps).

If it is still the same cylinder, do you have other indicators, like low on coolant, or steam out of the tailpipe? I don't know the lifespan of the low pressure pump in the tank, or the high pressure mechanical one, I assume that it is like any other in tank fuel pump, 178,000 might be early but it has been a good run.