Aftermarket SYNC

I was wondering if there is a way to install SYNC in my 07 Edge. It was the only option that I didn't get when I bought my baby. And those of you that have SYNC, what do you think of it?

Thanks in advance,

Elias

Let me know what you come up with because I just bought a 2009 AWD SEL and it didn't come with SYNC but would like to get it. Could my dealer upgrade it ?

• 1 month later...

When we were looking at buying our Edge, one local dealer claimed they could add sync to a vehicle that didn't have it for about $1000. But that price would still not include the steering wheel controls - you'd have to control it through the radio only.

Just buy an aftermarket sync knockoff lookalike.

Let me know what you come up with because I just bought a 2009 AWD SEL and it didn't come with SYNC but would like to get it. Could my dealer upgrade it ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys. I tried this when I bought my 08. The dealer said they couldn't add sync. I wanted sync and satellite radio, so they found one we liked that had sync and added factory Sirius. A good option might be a Pioneer F700bt. It's a touchscreen navigation system with a usb connection, and built in bluetooth. It uses voice commands just like sync. The voice it uses even sounds alot like the voice sync uses. It would probably save you some bucks, and would certainly be easier to install. Plus it does more.

SYNC can be added to the 08 & 09 models if it did not come with it. For us 07 owners, we are just out of luck. The Ford Accessories part number is 9R3Z 14D212 A. They advertise it as 09 only but it can be added to an 08 if you program the module in an 09 before installing it in the 08.