AFE GT Momentum CAI

TylerAxis88

Back in august I purchased the AFE GT Momentum air intake system. Production nowadays is very slow and I’m still waiting on the product to ship from the warehouse.

Has anyone else installed this on their ST/Sport?

I also have had a Velossa Tech bigmouth I need to install/modify to fit the Sport.

i will be removing the AGS system and installing the big mouth, intake, and FMIC from CVFab at once since the bumper needs to be removed. 

Here is the link to the air intake system.

https://afepower.com/afe-power-50-70094r-momentum-gt-cold-air-intake-system-w-pro-5r-filter

2 hours ago, handfiler said:

I like it. Butt dyno indicates slightly more power at 4,000 rpm and beyond.

Good to hear!

I currently have an Unleashed tuning 93 octane performance tune, heat range colder spark plugs, a 170 degree thermostat, and the UP RMM. I’ll be doing the intake install along with the Velossa Tech Big Mouth, and CVFab FMIC. 

This winter I’m doing 3” down pipes from Ultimate Performance and 2.5” exhaust. Then doing a Turbosmart BOV and maybe the BBK throttle body- albeit, I’m  still unsure about the price:performance ratio of the throttle

body. 

I’ll return for E30/E50 once I open the exhaust up a bit. 

Edited by TylerAxis88
Grammar

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2023 at 7:38 PM, TylerAxis88 said:

Good to hear!

I currently have an Unleashed tuning 93 octane performance tune, heat range colder spark plugs, a 170 degree thermostat, and the UP RMM. I’ll be doing the intake install along with the Velossa Tech Big Mouth, and CVFab FMIC. 

This winter I’m doing 3” down pipes from Ultimate Performance and 2.5” exhaust. Then doing a Turbosmart BOV and maybe the BBK throttle body- albeit, I’m  still unsure about the price:performance ratio of the throttle

body. 

I’ll return for E30/E50 once I open the exhaust up a bit. 

Any links to the downpipes?

After a couple months of ordering the intake I finally got it a few days ago. Instal took maybe 25 min. Most of the time was taking off the front strut tower brace and engine cover. After that it was maybe 5 min. Fit and quality was perfect.

Driving it for a few days I did notice low end throttle response is better and it pulls a tad harder on the top end from about 4K rpm- to redline. Maybe a little bit more low/mid frequencies in sound difference. Running some datalogs the intake at WOT pull in temps 2-5 degrees that of ambient outside temps. I’m happy with the install and purchase and think once I do downpipes/exhaust it will help even more.

Once I get back from Florida, I’m working on my new FMIC grill and installing the grill, intercooler, turbosmart BOV, and UP rear motor mount. 

The suspension install isn’t until 11/27 as I’m still waiting for my Addco rear sway bar and whiteline rear end-links to get here. 

Hopefully in December/January I’ll get the downpipes in and I’m really sold on the AFE Vulcan 2.5” catback for the Edge ST price is about the same as I would pay for custom exhaust and I like that it is quiet and still has a decent tone to it. With the downpipes it should be a little more aggressive sounding.

6A32329C-D09A-424E-8B6C-61F3AAF5252D.jpeg

Edited by TylerAxis88
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 6:56 AM, Jonnymerk said:

Any links to the downpipes?

These are for the ford fusion sport. The one downpipe had the exact serial number from ford from the fusion to sport with the longer one being slightly different. The one on the edge is a little longer. I will have the shop doing the install modify it to fit.

UP states they have a had luck with a few Edge owners installing these with little modification to the downpipe.

Here is the ultimate-performance link:

https://ultimateperformancenm.com/shop/ols/products/ford-fusion-sportlincoln-mkz-30t-3-stainless-steel-catted-downpipes

17 hours ago, TylerAxis88 said:

These are for the ford fusion sport. The one downpipe had the exact serial number from ford from the fusion to sport with the longer one being slightly different. The one on the edge is a little longer. I will have the shop doing the install modify it to fit.

UP states they have a had luck with a few Edge owners installing these with little modification to the downpipe.

Here is the ultimate-performance link:

https://ultimateperformancenm.com/shop/ols/products/ford-fusion-sportlincoln-mkz-30t-3-stainless-steel-catted-downpipes

Ok thank you!  That is interesting because I had little luck finding something.  Hoping I can convince my shop to my try this as an option.

On 10/27/2023 at 2:54 PM, TylerAxis88 said:

After a couple months of ordering the intake I finally got it a few days ago. Instal took maybe 25 min. Most of the time was taking off the front strut tower brace and engine cover. After that it was maybe 5 min. Fit and quality was perfect.

Driving it for a few days I did notice low end throttle response is better and it pulls a tad harder on the top end from about 4K rpm- to redline. Maybe a little bit more low/mid frequencies in sound difference. Running some datalogs the intake at WOT pull in temps 2-5 degrees that of ambient outside temps. I’m happy with the install and purchase and think once I do downpipes/exhaust it will help even more.

Once I get back from Florida, I’m working on my new FMIC grill and installing the grill, intercooler, turbosmart BOV, and UP rear motor mount. 

The suspension install isn’t until 11/27 as I’m still waiting for my Addco rear sway bar and whiteline rear end-links to get here. 

Hopefully in December/January I’ll get the downpipes in and I’m really sold on the AFE Vulcan 2.5” catback for the Edge ST price is about the same as I would pay for custom exhaust and I like that it is quiet and still has a decent tone to it. With the downpipes it should be a little more aggressive sounding.

6A32329C-D09A-424E-8B6C-61F3AAF5252D.jpeg

I enjoy my Borla.  Worth considering.  It took me a little to get used to it but it sounds just right to me know.