Jump to content

handfiler

Edge Member
  • Content Count

    539
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

About handfiler

  • Rank
    Enthusiast

Recent Profile Visitors

2,140 profile views
  1. handfiler

    Went to dragstrip with my 2019 Ford Edge ST

    Excellent results TT Steve.
  2. handfiler

    PTU fluid change issues..

    In my experience with differentials, transmissions, transfer cases et cetera; quite often overfilling results in the excess amount exiting the unit via the breather. I follow the factory fill procedure and save myself unnecessary headaches.
  3. handfiler

    2019 Edge Titanium forgets dash settings

    Welcome to the forum. Auto stop/start defaults to on when you start the car. Autostop makes a module that defeats this. Easy Entry and Exit can be disabled in settings - vehicle options.
  4. handfiler

    New 2022 Ford Edge Titanium Owner

    From one old guy to another: Welcome to the forum!
  5. Hopefully all goes well for you with the replacement process and it's clear sailing after that.
  6. Yes I'm aware of that. The trapezoidal openings in the rear lower facia are meant to give the appearance of exhaust tips. I have no idea why Ford didn't make the design exhaust tip installer friendly. My best guess would be to eliminate the need to constantly clean the soot build up that GDI motors produce in abundance.
  7. Maybe it has to do with the fact that your looking for unobtanium. 2 5/8" is an odd ball size.
  8. handfiler

    2019 Ford Edge ST Replacement Tire Options

    Now superseded by the AS Plus 3
  9. handfiler

    New Driver Mods wanted

    Painting the rear wheel hubs to get rid of the rust would be a low cost high reward mod.
  10. handfiler

    Toyota Corolla crashed into my Ford Edge! See Pics

    Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Glad it wasn't worse. Evidently "Built Ford Tough" applies to the Edge as well.
  11. Well that's a downer. Why not use EMT instead. Everyone here knows your reputation is beyond reproach. I sell audio gear on Canuck Audio Mart from time to time. 90% of buyers are okay with EMT. The other 10% are SOL. I absolutely detest paypal.
  12. handfiler

    Preventive Water Pump Change

    I would upgrade the coolant to the latest specification and continue to drive it without worrying about it.
  13. Welcome to the forum. I started to read this but couldn't finish due to eye strain. Paragraph format would have been nice.
  14. FWIW I briefly owned a 2012 Focus with the 10 speaker Sony audio system. Through experimentation I ended up disconnecting the center dash speaker. That made a noticeable improvement. This was by far the worst sounding premium audio system I have experienced in a vehicle.
  15. handfiler

    CV Axel Replacement/ creaking noise

    Did it make the noise before the struts were replaced? Were the upper strut mount bearing plates replaced? If not that could be the source of the creaking noise.
×