Greetings!

Sweet Lou

Have had my 2008 SEL AWD for about two years now. Always found the Crown Vic forum helpful when I used to drive those, so figured this would be a good place to be. Previous owner was obviously not worried with maintenance, so it's been a little bit of a journey to this point. Don't mind though since I do like the car. Of course had to replace the PTU when I got it, but not too awful a job. Looking forward to getting some things squared on it and putting some pep back in its step. 

• Like 2

Welcome to the Herd!  Lots of friendly knowledgable folk in these forums.

Also have here a 2008 EdgeAWD.

PTU is definitely a NotoriousFailureItem\NFI; recommend fresh 20oz of GearOil  at least every 16kMiles\2Yrs, 75w140.FullSyn, AmsOil or RedLine.

For easy PTU servicing, consider a Drilled+Tapped Drain with Fumoto Valve, and replacing TopVent with ExtensionHose to a Vent+FillCan under hood.

And another NFI, the  InternalChainDriven WaterPump; recommend renewing Coolant every 33kMiles\4Yrs, yellow Peak#pkpb53\10x or Zerex#zxg05ru1.

Watch for Pump failure with Coolant leak from weephole on front of Engin behind Alternator, or worse "ChocolateMilkShake" on OilDipStick that destroys Engin.

Yet another NFI, the Radiator FanControlModule\FCM (upper left of fan cowling); fails & causes Engin overheat &\or AC to stop cooling while idling or in Stop+Go traffic; replace with FordMotorCraft only; aftermarket versions are commonly not fully compatible with PCM signal & NegativeSidePulseWidthModulated circuitry.

Edited by DILLARD000