Special Service Message 52064 - 2019-2021 Edge/Nautilus - AWD - Chatter/Shudder/Grind/Bind During Low Speed Turning Events

Haz

SSM 52064 - 2019-2021 Edge/Nautilus - AWD - Chatter/Shudder/Grind/Bind During Low Speed Turning Events

Some 2019-2021 Edge/Nautilus vehicles equipped with all-wheel drive (AWD) may exhibit a noise/vibration/chatter/shudder/grind/bind from the rear of the vehicle during low speed turning events. To correct the condition, reprogram the AWD module using the latest software level of the appropriate Ford diagnostic scan tool. For claiming use casual part RECAL and applicable labor times in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

• Like 2

The U.K. edition of Ford's Professional Technician System (PTS) website does not show any SSM relating to reprogramming the AWD module, per the above SSM, however it does show TSB 23-2290 covering potential RDU fluid contamination, which was released on the U.K. PTS site before a comparable U.S. SSM 52051, shown in this Forum post that you may also want to look at...

Special Service Message 52051 - 2019-2023 Edge/Nautilus + Maverick - AWD - Chatter/Shudder During Low Speed Turning Events

U.K Edition document download links>

TSB 23-2290 - Chatter-Shudder during low speed turning events - Effective 09-2023.pdf

Differential Level Check - General Procedures - 2015 - 2022 Edge, Edge Vignale, Endura Workshop Manual.pdf

If you're not the U.K, which EU country represents your Ford vehicle market area?

If any differences exist where you reside, I will post further information.

Good luck!

Edited by Haz
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2023 at 1:33 PM, Haz said:

The U.K. edition of Ford's Professional Technician System (PTS) website does not show any SSM relating to reprogramming the AWD module, per the above SSM, however it does show TSB 23-2290 covering potential RDU fluid contamination, which was released on the U.K. PTS site before a comparable U.S. SSM 52051, shown in this Forum post that you may also want to look at...

Special Service Message 52051 - 2019-2023 Edge/Nautilus + Maverick - AWD - Chatter/Shudder During Low Speed Turning Events

U.K Edition document download links>

TSB 23-2290 - Chatter-Shudder during low speed turning events - Effective 09-2023.pdf

Differential Level Check - General Procedures - 2015 - 2022 Edge, Edge Vignale, Endura Workshop Manual.pdf

If you're not the U.K, which EU country represents your Ford vehicle market area?

If any differences exist where you reside, I will post further information.

Good luck!

Excuse me, can I ask you if new TSB have been published on the English PTS website that talk about this problem?

thank you very much

denny73:  Nothing new specific to this topic, though there have been two unrelated UK Edition documents, consistent with Italy, recently released...

Document download links>

TSB 23-2379 - 2019-2022 Edge 2.0L EcoBlue - Illuminated AWD warning indicator or fault message with DTC C0095.pdf

GSB 23-7123 - Various Models, Including Edge - Condensation inside the exterior lamp lens.pdf

I think I'll try establishing an International Markets discussion thread to compile interested Forum members' Continent/Country SSM/GSB/TSB/Service-related releases.

Based upon your inquiry, I'll start with EU/UK document editions and looking at Italy for commonality or uniqueness, but I'm willing to try expand to other Continent/Countries, based upon Forum member requests.

If home-country language versions of documents are preferred. I may be able to accomplish that.

Good luck!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Good morning!
May I ask if there are new TSBs relating to RDU problems on the European PTS site? (Italian or English language)

Is it possible to have the description of the operation and internal drawings of the RDU? (2019 Edge Vignale 8speed auto 8F57  AWD  Ecoblue Biturbo 240Hp)

thank you very much